Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 May 21, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Las Vegas in June - anyone going?

I'm just wondering as my brother and his family are supposed to be going but they're assuming it won't happen now.

But we're only seeing lots of cancellations for Orlando and not other US destinations. They haven't yet had a cancellation email.

Anyone here due to go soon?
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes but flying into LAX with virgin, 15 June. Hoping it gets cancelled!

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

It's weird we're not seeing other US destinations being cancelled.
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

BA certainly cancelled some flights to Vegas in September , we were booked 17th Vegas Gatwick and they moved us to Heathrow , the Gatwick flight on the 18th however is still running so we will have to handle a day longer.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twinniemum View Post
It's weird we're not seeing other US destinations being cancelled.
A lot of US flight have never stopped going. All the big airports have been served throughout the pandemic so while the timetable to those airports may be consolidated if leisure travel doesn't return there will be flights to LAX, JFK, ORD, SFO etc everyday and as such people's flight may not be cancelled. Flights to leisure only destinations like Orlando and Vegas will be cancelled if leisure travel doesn't resume.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Vegas is a major business travel location so many of those flights will continue for conferences etc that will be restating there.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dagzie
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We’re due to go on the 8th via LAX from MAN. I suspect we won’t be going but I don’t think Virgin will cancel. We’ve got a free change available so will probably move it to September. Really, really want to go though x
Dagzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Unfortunately my brothers flight was cancelled today 😒
Old 14 May 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dagzie
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Twinniemum View Post
Unfortunately my brothers flight was cancelled today 😒
When was he due to go and who was he flying with? I've still not heard anything from Virgin re our flight via LAX on 8 June despite me whats apping and asking if it was still going.
Dagzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Virgin direct to Las Vegas on 26th June
He also called and spoke to VA 2 days ago for an update and they said the flight is full and should be going!