Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 May 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

26th June Vegas flight cancelled

I know not Orlando planning, but I was using it to guide my thoughts on our August Orlando trip.

Unfortunately my brothers flight to Vegas on 26th June has just been cancelled. This is after him calling Virgin 2 days ago to get an update and them saying the flight is full and still going.

I'd only seen mainly Orlando and some Carribean flights being cancelled for June so far, but seems other destinations are now too.

Seems everything is so unpredictable still.
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

More bad news, my brothers family decided to rebook their outbound journey with the indirect flight via Seattle, the Virgin rep seemed to think all indirect flights would be going... this has now been cancelled too, but the return flight is still in place!

They're not sure what the next steps are but thinking they'll just wait for the full cancellation now.
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twinniemum View Post
More bad news, my brothers family decided to rebook their outbound journey with the indirect flight via Seattle, the Virgin rep seemed to think all indirect flights would be going... this has now been cancelled too, but the return flight is still in place!

They're not sure what the next steps are but thinking they'll just wait for the full cancellation now.
As one of their flights is cancelled they are entitled to a full refund now if they want one.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Given how they can’t stop you travelling between states etc I’d wager than that whole of the USA will reopen to international travel at the same time. I had though it will likely be last week June or first week July but this suggests possibly start of July.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
19th July is the current date going round in the industry
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

They rebooked it for the same date?
Yeah I think June is pushing it.
We are booked on a flight to LAX in august and they’ve changed our times but so far flight is still going.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
They rebooked it for the same date?
Yeah I think June is pushing it.
We are booked on a flight to LAX in august and they’ve changed our times but so far flight is still going.
Yes they were offered to move to an indirect flight on the same date originally. Virgin are still giving them options for that date now, but I think they're now at the point of just cancelling
Old 30 May 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Yes they were offered to move to an indirect flight on the same date originally. Virgin are still giving them options for that date now, but I think they're now at the point of just cancelling
It’s such a headache isn’t it?
We still really want to go so we are hanging on in there!
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
19th July is the current date going round in the industry
Could that be because Ireland had said 19th of July and people are assuming U.K./Ireland will be grouped together by the US? So far the US haven’t reciprocated but if they do and agree to the date then it will be 19/7.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My New York flight hasn’t been cancelled yet for the same date. Possibly this week then if that’s the end of June coming into play.
RM2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List