Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 May 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We are doing the south rim (and Hoover Dam) on our way in to Vegas, stopping overnight to hopefully see sunset and sunrise as we journey up from Tucson via Winslow. Otherwise, from Vegas it’s a long old day.
We did this:

Left Vegas at 5.30 and stopped for breakfast at Kingman, then took the (longer, slower) Route 66 via the interesting sites there including Seligman. Stopped for a wander around in Williams too. Think by the time we arrived at GC and did some gawping at some of the sites and wandering and checked into our room it was late afternoon. Sunset (amazing) then food and bed.

Up for sunrise, then spent another few hours seeing the sites, then headed back to Vegas arriving for dinner (took the quick route back but I think that was still the best part of six hours or more possibly)

We’d done Hoover Dam on a different day.
Old 17 May 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Thanks everyone for ur thoughts and tips.

Checked our flights and we dont leave till 9pm on the sat so that another half day at least in Vegas so just went and booked night in Williams, the red roof inn plus was 44 quid. As long as clean and has air con thats all that matters lol.

Think be much nicer trip that way and can see the sunset and sunrise

Its only another £85 quid for motel and the car for 48 hours so am sure we can stretch to that and be worth it!

Thanks again... getting excited now for my 40th bday trip...just fingers crossed we get eh!
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Just when ave started allowing myself to get excited bout up coming trip to Vegas hoping it will go ahead and start planning, I get an email just there from BA that they have moved our Gatwick to Vegas flight 3 hours earlier, which sounds fab but means we only have 1 hour and 15 mins to get off the Glasgow plane through security and onto vegas plane, same terminal though.

Would you chance it ? Or should I see if they can move me to the Heathrow flights that get in later?
If a do move to Heathrow do they move me for free no extra cost to me? Flight prices way up the whole week now costing over 3 grand for flights and hotel. I booked in Dec 20 for £1800!
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dannigizmo View Post
Just when ave started allowing myself to get excited bout up coming trip to Vegas hoping it will go ahead and start planning, I get an email just there from BA that they have moved our Gatwick to Vegas flight 3 hours earlier, which sounds fab but means we only have 1 hour and 15 mins to get off the Glasgow plane through security and onto vegas plane, same terminal though.

Would you chance it ? Or should I see if they can move me to the Heathrow flights that get in later?
If a do move to Heathrow do they move me for free no extra cost to me? Flight prices way up the whole week now costing over 3 grand for flights and hotel. I booked in Dec 20 for £1800!
When is your trip? It could change again (and probably will) if it’s a while off. I definitely wouldn’t pay extra right now. BA are normally pretty good if you call them, then you can see if other options are available? Can you fly from GLA to LHR even (as it’s a pain getting between the two London airports, and you’d have that on top of coming from GLA)?
Old 17 May 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
When is your trip? It could change again (and probably will) if it’s a while off. I definitely wouldn’t pay extra right now. BA are normally pretty good if you call them, then you can see if other options are available? Can you fly from GLA to LHR even (as it’s a pain getting between the two London airports, and you’d have that on top of coming from GLA)?
We leave on 9th October so bit off yet, see only that flight out of gatwick that day but a few from Heathrow. Happy to fly glasgow to heathrow. Means we arrive but later but hey ho at least bit more time at Heathrow as no stress wont make it through security etc.
Will maybe give them a call thanks Karen
Old 17 May 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Glad you have the hotel room booked in Williams. Its the right thing to do and will make seeing GC so much better. Yes Karen is right. Give BA a ring as thats a very tight connection time. Let us know how you get on.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Hey

update on BA flight change.

After what felt like 3 hours, more like 2, finally got flight to Las Vegas changed to Heathrow so now a 3 hour lay over much better than 75 mins. All changed at no cost and excellent service from BA!

Guy also said to be fairly optimistic about my Orlando trip on 27th June... said there is talk in travel industry that they looking at opening certain states ie Florida, New York etc to UK travel.

He also clarified that u can move flights with no extra cost ie paying the difference there may be in flight prices if Holiday within a 2 week period, always wondered how this worked.
Here I was hoping to move to Easter next yr if dont get and hope didnt have to pay the 4 grand price difference... oh well
Old 18 May 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dannigizmo View Post
Hey

update on BA flight change.

After what felt like 3 hours, more like 2, finally got flight to Las Vegas changed to Heathrow so now a 3 hour lay over much better than 75 mins. All changed at no cost and excellent service from BA!

Guy also said to be fairly optimistic about my Orlando trip on 27th June... said there is talk in travel industry that they looking at opening certain states ie Florida, New York etc to UK travel.

He also clarified that u can move flights with no extra cost ie paying the difference there may be in flight prices if Holiday within a 2 week period, always wondered how this worked.
Here I was hoping to move to Easter next yr if dont get and hope didnt have to pay the 4 grand price difference... oh well
Brilliant. Thats a much better time for you. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you for Orlando sounds promising!
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List