Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Jan 05, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post

The Frogs and Tadpoles Jolly Holiday Part 7

After Yesterday, we were hoping this would be the end of all the yukkies and we could get on with enjoying our holiday.
Today was New Years Eve and we were going to spend it at Seaworld.
Martin had woken up as right as rain and ate breakfast as if nothing had happened.Funny how kids bounce right back when they know they don't have school in the morning!
We took it easy, I got a couple of loads of washing done.
Luckily, there was 2 long washing lines strung up in the garage, enough to put all our clothes on.
Oddly enough, I loved doing the washing over there,as it all smelt wonderful and fresh. I had brought along my own Ariel Liquitabs and those new Comfort Pearls, I always use Comfort but these Pearls are really good and your clothes smell great all day.highly recommended ( why you would be interested in reading that in a trippy, I don't know? but it was in my notes and had to be told! )
We parked up for free with the annual passes,in the disabled bay about 12.00 noon and could see it was fairly busy but comfortable.
Through the turnstyles as they faffed about trying to get the kids to stick their hand in the fingerprint reader correctly.
The kids won the battle and the attendant gave up and waved them in.
Feeling a little peckish we headed toward the bakery, got way laid by the photographer for the usual " We are just Sooo happy to be here poses" and in we went to the cool air conditioned shop where yummy danish pastries were gently calling me to eat them all up! .
The boys had muffins with enough frosting on them to make a 6 foot snowman out of and promptly flicked it all off.
Paul and me had an apple danish and we remembered to bring the boys refillable mugs from last year and they had lemon and lime which we shared with them.We paid and handed over one of the passes and got a further 10% off.
Next we headed over to feed the dolphins.
Paul always goes slightly mad when buying the fish and came back with 6 trays.With the AP discount, it still comes to $3 a tray. so that was $18 worth but we did get some great video footage.
Of course, then you have to feed the Stingrays.$12! The boys are a bit short to be able to put the food too far down into the water and end up chucking it on their backs.Being a shorty myself, I ended up with 2 lovely big wet patches nicely positioned on my bazookas and had to walk around like that until the sun dried 'em out! .
We all love the talents of the Pets' Ahoy show and I have never seen it so packed. As always, really good,and one of the kids favourites.
We missed out Wild Artic as we aren't too keen on that bit, I have never seen the polar bear flinch and wonder if he's a dead 'un?
We cannot come to Seaworld without going to the Clyde and Seymour show. Gary would refuse to get on the plane if we told him we weren't going to see it and so we grabbed some seats and waited for the mime act. He didn't let us down and had us in stitches.Same show we have always seen but the kids loved it even though they could almost mouth the script word for word!
after the show, we took the kids round to the play park while me and Paul sat on a bench for a well earned rest. Luckily, they didn't show any interest in the fairground attractions and were happy with a couple of $$s for the boats.
How the heck do people get those giant Scoobys home?
It was now 4.30pm and time for our little suprise and we led them off to the area just behind the Shamu stadium for the 4.45pm Dine with Shamu Experience.
The boys were well chuffed and were even more thrilled to find we had been allocated table 10, right in the front, with a great view of Shamu. Of course I took all the credit as they thought I was the best mum ever
The all u care to eat buffet was lovely, especially the chicken, pasta's and rices.
Our server George wouldn't see 70 again but he was adorable, polite and very good with the kids.
The only dampner was the family sat beside us but further away from the edge who was obviously pretty p***ed off that we were in the front row and not them.
It was 3 women and a little girl of around 3.
They had no interest in making sure the little one could see, left her in her highchair and continued to lean all over me while I was trying to eat to get the perfect shot on the numerous cameras they had.
I did ask the woman if she would mind not leaning all over me , but then I had to tell her again. she even had the cheek to tell another child on the next row along, to sit down as she was blocking her camera view.
She got the message when I shoved her really hard in the ribs and gave her a steely stare as she once again encroached on my space.
Martin commented that he wouldn't mess with me if I had give him " THE LOOK! "
As soon as the whale had finished his bit, then they snatched the little girl out of her seat, left loads of food and I heard then screeching on about getting to the Stadium for Shamu Rocks!
Oh for gods' sake girlies, get yourself a life!
All of the women were american and these were the only rude people of any nationality that we encountered the whole time we were on holiday, thank goodness!
George cleared away the table which looked like 10 kids had been having a party at and they didn't leave him so much as a dime!
Once the Stepford wives had left, we had a great time and we all really enjoyed it.We had dessert of fruit and some more drinks.
I thought this was pretty good value for money and we certainly didn't feel hurried.
I had pre paid the bill of $95 ( again 10%off with AP) and left George a $20 tip.
By now, the sun was going down and we thought the Shamu Rocks show would be starting and seeing as though we were right beside it, decided to go and watch it, hoping we wouldn't have the 3 crows anywhere near us. Well they must have been dissappointed to find it was the ordinary Shamu show, we didn't bump into them and the show was good.
Afterwards we went down to the Waterfront and had a wander around and watched some of the street acts. I love the way you are just walking along and the entertainment just strikes up beside you.
We celebrated at 7.00pm and saw the New Year in, Paul got a bit of a suprise and thought time had stood still until I reminded him it was midnight back home!

The kids just scowled and told us kissing was yuk and could we please stop now!
The music from the live bands struck up around 8.00pm and we went and boogied with a great band who sang allsorts, mainly from 70's and 80's disco, in other words out era, so we were happy bunnies! The atmosphere was great and everyone was happy.
Before we knew it, it was 10o'clock and everything stopped for the first lot of fireworks. I thought this was really good as it was just like you were seeing in 2005 without having to stay too late.
The kids were really tired and we decided this was a good time to call it a night.
We all had a great day, glad we did the Dine with Shamu and the evening was the icing on the cake.

Tomorrow... New Years Day, Hideous traffic jams, shopping and Osbourne Lights.

Edited at 06:16 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 05, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post

another fantastic trip report
Leann x
Old 19 Jan 05, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great trippie, I really needed to know about those Comfort Pearls. lol at the Stepford wives, we always seem to end up next to people like that too.
Old 19 Jan 05, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
AlisonB
Imagineer

Glad you enjoyed the Dine with Shamu - we did too, but I'm not sure if I'd do it again.
AlisonB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 05, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
what a fab day! Lovely report
Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 05, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
REH
Imagineer

A great Day!
Old 18 Feb 05, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Seaworld is one of my favourite parks, lots of lovely memories, such a good relaxing place. Sounds like you had a fun day (apart from THE family at Dine with Shamu!)