Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jan 16, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Nope I kind of agree with the school in the sense that everybody can spare 2 minutes in the morning to throw on a pair of jeans and a top, even if you haven't brushed your hair or your teeth, it more acceptable, however on the other hand I think that we are controlled so much who do the schools think they are dictating what you can and can not wear?

After seeing this on this morning I went to the petrol station and saw a lady around 11am in her pjs and dressing gown, really obvious ones with teddy bears and love hearts on. I was wondering to myself where the heck she was going at 11am in her pjs that she needed petrol, seemed very odd.

We also stayed at alton towers hotel in October and at breakfast there was a woman in her pjs walking around the buffet, everyone was staring at her!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 16, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Whilst the school might rightfully in my opinion request that parents do (save in exceptional circumstances) show a good example to children by not dropping them off or picking up in pyjamas the fact is they have only gone to the steps we are talking about (i.e writing to parents) when some parents decided it was acceptable to attend assemblies and parents evening in their pyjamas. How anybody can say that is not down right ignorant and insulting to the school is beyond me.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 16, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
All this hooohaaaa and some of the responses makes me wonder; is it only in the last 5 or so years that Mums have been so rushed that they don't have time to get dressed? Did they all cope OK before that because I'd never seen anyone outside in their jimjams then... or is it really just a case that laziness is now acceptable? How long does it take to pull on a jumper and jeans or even a hoody and leggings?
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 16, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Originally Posted by purple myra View Post
All this hooohaaaa and some of the responses makes me wonder; is it only in the last 5 or so years that Mums have been so rushed that they don't have time to get dressed? Did they all cope OK before that because I'd never seen anyone outside in their jimjams then... or is it really just a case that laziness is now acceptable? How long does it take to pull on a jumper and jeans or even a hoody and leggings?
I'm thinking it's a fashion trend that has become acceptable over the last few years. My girls are 28,26 and 23. When they were young no one, and I mean no one, would have turned up at the school in PJs. A few years ago they became a fashion item and are now deemed acceptable by many to be worn in public. My next door neighbour's teenage daughter can often be seen out and about in PJ bottoms, UGGs and a hoodie, her friends are dressed similarly. I can't make up my mind whether people are going out in the things they slept in or changing into clean PJ style trousers to go out.
Old 27 Jan 16, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
It literally takes 2 minutes to put some clothes on. I've always wondered whether they have going out pjs and bed pjs, like do they change into other pjs or put underwear on when they get up. Do they not have to make their kids breakfasts etc anyway, so they're up a good 20 minutes before they leave anyway, so why not just take 2 extra minutes.
hexagon is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 16, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiga6
Imagineer

Ive never seen anyone at DS's school in PJs, although one friend did confess to me one morning she was in her PJs, id never have noticed!
I have picked DS up from Beavers in pj bottoms and a hoody, but they down look like PJs, just like leggings, and I had been for a run and then had a shower, and couldn't see the point in putting clothes on that i was only going to wear for a couple of hours, but I've only done it once! Now i just go in my running clothes
Old 27 Jan 16, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
suesmum
Apprentice Imagineer

suesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Certainly not for me doing that, but as long as whatever anyone is wearing is not offensive, then up to them. I don't think the school should ban what the mums wear outside the school. On school property maybe ...

At the end of the day I think it will be the kids themselves, perhaps as they get older, who will refuse to go to school unless their mum's get dressed
suesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 16, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
It literally takes 2 minutes to put some clothes on. I've always wondered whether they have going out pjs and bed pjs,
Perhaps.

I mean, some people have 'going out' onesies and 'wear to bed' onesies, so why not PJs. Some people even wear vests outside without anything over the top and they're underwear.

Personally, I think everyone should wear a suit and tie - or smart skirt, blouse and jacket for the ladies - when dropping off their kids. Show a good example.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 16, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

When my kids were little it was a competition to see who could wear the most fake burberry.
The PJs was a fashion trend in Liverpool several years ago, you'd have your bedtime set and your daytime set, your daytime set was the best, you'd get showered before putting them on and go out in them with full make-up and uggs, if you were going out that night you'd put your rollers in too. Not something I ever did but to me there's bigger stuff to worry about. I do see the head's point especially with meetings and assemblies but I'm past all that now, the only letter from my girls' school was to tell parents to get their kids to bed at a reasonable time and have a good routine to let them unwind beforehand as tired kids don't learn and disrupt the class, I was glad to have mine in bed early I enjoyed the peace .
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 16, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loubieloo
Imagineer

I worked a 12.5hr night shift last night, got in at 8:15am nipped up for a very quick shower got changed into my "slobs" leggings & jumper.

After only 3 hrs sleep for one reason or another I went back to school to pick up dd at 3:20 back in my "slobs" I don't get out of the car these days so no one really knows what I am wearing. I'm not sure I would brave going into a school play/meeting but if the teacher needed to speak to me I would have to get out of the car. That is one of the reasons that stop me going in my PJ's I don't wear them to bed so effectively they are lounge wear I guess.

Half the time I am that tired I don't remember getting dressed

Oh well back to work tonight to do it all again tomorrow...