Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Aug 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Bibbiddi Bobbiddi boutique for DD - she is 7 now and think by the time we visit again she will be too old for this so got it booked!
Mermaid School for DD also - she enjoys being in the pool and will love having her own mermaid tail!
Not this trip but when we went for my 30th we did the Wanyama Safari, absolutely incredible 😁
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

The extras are eye wateringly expensive so we don’t do many but we have done a few.
MVMC Party
Sum of all Thrills Tour. This was a great extra.
Parasailing.
Sea Racers.
Horse Carriage ride.
La Nouba.
DD has had the Pirates make over things at MK.

Next trip we are planning the MK dessert party and possibly the AK after hours thingy if it’s still available. I also can’t wait to see a replacement Cirque du Soleil.
DD advises me she will be building a Droid to take to Uni with her. I advised her she’d best start saving her pennies 😉

Edited at 11:26 PM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Starky
Dancing with Tink'

I actually didn’t really enjoy mickeys Halloween, it was a lot of money for nothing that special. I’m probably just being an old bore but I didn’t think it was spectacular.
I did like one of the dances with the guys scraping shovels on the ground?! But won’t be back this year.
Maybe something is wrong with me.
Starky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

Stark, I did MNSSHP last year and wouldn't do it again .
It was very expensive for what it was and very, very crowded but we did do 30th October. We didn't bother with the rides as we had Disney tickets anyway but the lines were still very long and the kids too tired to wait.We did get 15kg (weighed them with the luggage scales)of sweets though that we insisted on bringing home.

Edited at 12:33 AM. Reason: Correction in sentence
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

For us it was/is

Horse riding
Archery
Hiring boats and canoes
Hiring golf carts for the day around Fort Wilderness
Segways
Tomorrow Land Desert Party
Behind the Seeds Tour
Build a Droid (later this year)

Have fancied these but never booked
Wild Africa Trek
The Steam Train Tour
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
Only thing that worries me on wild Africa is they say you need to be comfortable with heights. Is it that bad? What sort if thing are we talking?
There are parts where you walk across "rickety" walkways which are bridges with the sides and bottoms enclosed in strong rope nets above the animals(crocodiles etc). I think the bridges are about 20-30 feet off the ground. You cross almost singly (they won't send someone out on the bridge until the person before them is around 1/2 way across), but you are also wearing a harness that is firmly clipped to a strong line above you.

I am not keen on heights, but it was ok, and once when we went, there was an elderly lady in our group who was nervous and they were very reassuring with her, she did all the crossings and loved it.
Old 11 Aug 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

So far have booked :

MNSSHP
DISNEY AFTER HOURS AT MK
FROZEN DESSERT PARTY

Will look into some tours when we are there.
Old 11 Aug 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Starky View Post
I actually didn’t really enjoy mickeys Halloween, it was a lot of money for nothing that special. I’m probably just being an old bore but I didn’t think it was spectacular.
I did like one of the dances with the guys scraping shovels on the ground?! But won’t be back this year.
Maybe something is wrong with me.
Oh no, I was already regretting booking it, can you cancel and get money back?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve never been able to afford the extras but if anyone knows of any that are child friendly and suitable for a smaller budget I’d love to know.
I’d really like to do the mnsshp but I just don’t think we can afford it. Do the tickets ever go on sale? Thanks
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
We’ve never been able to afford the extras but if anyone knows of any that are child friendly and suitable for a smaller budget I’d love to know.
I’d really like to do the mnsshp but I just don’t think we can afford it. Do the tickets ever go on sale? Thanks
How do you define "a smaller budget"? As there are only 3 of us, our idea of cheap may be very different to that of a family of 8! However there are several things which cost $40 or less per person - Behind the Seeds at Epcot, Caring for Giants and Up Close with Rhinos at AK and the Family Magic Tour (a kind of scavenger hunt, I think) at the MK. All are suitable for kids. I think a Disney holiday is magical enough without any of these extras though, so it isn't worth spending money on extras if it doesn't fit your budget.

(Edited to add there are also various options at different resorts including campfires in the evening, horse drawn carriages which cost $55 for up to 2 adults and 3 kids, you can hire a kayak for $13 an hour and you can hire bikes at the Boardwalk too - I guess all of these would also be classed as "extras".)

We are doing MNSSHP and a dessert party this year. My husband also got a slot at the Droid Depot but we've allocated the value of the giftcard we got with our booking to spend there (and it will be his Christmas present too probably!)

Edited at 09:16 AM.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List