Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Aug 19, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dizzymcfarlane View Post
Wonder if there will be news today... due to fly internal ba flight on 27th then international flight on the 28th...
We fly out with them today but also like you flying 28th albeit for return leg..let's see...🤞
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

🤞 For a good resolution🤞
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

If we do hear today I’m sure it won’t be until the afternoon as they will want their free lunch at least
2003 - Hilton Garden Inn I-Drive
2010 - Staybridge Suites LBV
2012 - Beach Club
2017 - Old Key West
2019 - Old Key West/Hard Rock Hotel
2022 - Reunion/BC/AKL/Hard Rock Hotel!
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Still nothing? 😩
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Hopefully they are still talking/negotiating and the longer that goes on the higher the chance they find a resolution. If they don’t, we get further away from the strike impacting the school holiday crowd once you factor in the 2 weeks notice they have to give. Fingers crossed for all us that both sides find a way forward.

Edited at 07:09 PM.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
Hopefully they are still talking/negotiating and the longer that goes on the higher the chance they find a resolution. If they don’t, we get further away from the strike impacting the school holiday crowd once you factor in the 2 weeks notice they have to give. Fingers crossed for all us that both sides find a way forward.
I hope they keep talking for another 6 days! At least our flight out will be ok then And surely by then they'll have talked themselves into a deal!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollyhobbit
Excited about Disney

“Hi Adrian. We are very sorry for the disruption BALPA's strike action will cause our customers. While no strike dates have yet been issued by BALPA, and they are required to give us 14 days' notice of any intention to call strike action, we ask our customers to 1/2”
BA just tweeted this sounds like they are just waiting for dates from Balpa 😢. Hopefully I am reading too much into but very worried by their use of the word will instead of may.

Edited at 07:56 PM.
Hollyhobbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hollyhobbit View Post
“Hi Adrian. We are very sorry for the disruption BALPA's strike action will cause our customers. While no strike dates have yet been issued by BALPA, and they are required to give us 14 days' notice of any intention to call strike action, we ask our customers to 1/2”
BA just tweeted this sounds like they are just waiting for dates from Balpa 😢
They have been saying the same or similar since BALPA announced the ballot results so no hope lost yet.
Old 12 Aug 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post

We got emails today about business class flight sale, I didn't check it out but they were trying to sell business flights in pairs for £2019 to be taken between tomorrow and 30 September. Obviously they have lost their business customer bookings with this uncertainty.

Edited at 08:03 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We got emails today about business class flight sale, I didn't check it out but they were trying to sell business flights in pairs for £2019 to be taken between tomorrow and 30 September. Obviously they have lost their business customer bookings with this uncertainty.
To be fair, that offer comes out every year at some point with similar timescales etc.
Last year, it was 2 seats for £2018.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List