Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 Aug 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

I would guess if you are ordering adult meals you'll be find but if you order a specific kids meal the answer would be no as there are set drinks that come with the kids meals.

We don't do the DDP but I do order the kids QS meals.
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

If you are ordering 4 meals the 2 of you need to order 2 adult meals each. You will then be able to grab 2 alcoholic drinks from the fridges each. Just make sure kids are not at tills with you. I don’t think it will be a problem in food courts where there are grab and go fridges. In the parks you won’t get away with it.
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

I have had my children present while ordering the drinks, DH was off somewhere getting a table. She is 12 so definitely not an adult. This was still not a problem for me with ordering alcohol for 2.

The ONLY problem was once I said to DD that she should do the pin code, but this was not allowed. This clearly makes sense. I apologised straight away to the cashier as she explained she could not "sell" alcohol to a minor. Of course she was right and I apologised again. I only suggested she put the pin in as she likes to do it.

This was the only time there was an issue but the order was put through as requested and I put the pin number in.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Maggy78 View Post
It’s actually POFQ we’re staying at.
We had no issue doing this at POFQ (or in the parks actually) although our son is 12 so we were not getting a kids meal with credits
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxy101
Getting Excited

There is just me & my 15 year old daughter on this trip, I might get a take away drink at breakfast & put it in the fridge for later. I am staying at CBR this time & have been told its really nice to sit on the beach & watch the fireworks sounds a perfect time to enjoy a cold beer x
Old 1 Sep 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a excellent idea, thank you OP 🙂
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We’ve just got back and DS is 11 so had the adult plan, but he prefers kids meals. So we paid in cash for his meals and saved the dining plan credits for the adults. This meant we had more to “spend” in credits and gave us extra meals to cover for the times we had some 2 credit TS meals and also had enough to cover the day we arrived and the day we left. Meant we could have alcohol with every QS meal we ordered and no hassle at all.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I've just returned and quickly realized to order alcohol with kids QS adult meals (2 adults 2 kids). We did this regularly through the parks. The only issue I had was that if ordering mobile only 2 drinks would show up at the restaurant end. I just showed the order on my phone and was given the third drink (tended to order 1 adult QS for kids to share). It was also 2 drinks per adult/ID so my wife had to carry one. Obviously the kids meals were adult meals. I'm sure was given 3 alcoholic drinks early on in the holiday without issue but could be mistaken.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List