Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Mar 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I believe it will run until approx Sept 19th, a change in DVC "seasons" being my reasoning as they have just "invented" a new season on the lowest points from 1-19 Sept.
DDP used to be offered at the Mods but I'd be very surprised if they go "backwards" & obviously I could be very wrong but IMO there's no way they are giving DDP+ away for free for the simple reason that they don't need to. This year is supposedly the "gap" year, all the new rides are slated to be open for next year & if they have to "heavily" discount to get guests to book then they have seriously gotten their figures wrong & are in big trouble!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
I believe it will run until approx Sept 19th, a change in DVC "seasons" being my reasoning as they have just "invented" a new season on the lowest points from 1-19 Sept.
DDP used to be offered at the Mods but I'd be very surprised if they go "backwards" & obviously I could be very wrong but IMO there's no way they are giving DDP+ away for free for the simple reason that they don't need to. This year is supposedly the "gap" year, all the new rides are slated to be open for next year & if they have to "heavily" discount to get guests to book then they have seriously gotten their figures wrong & are in big trouble!
SD
That is interesting and would take most bookings just into the start of October. It would also still include our dates so I’m hoping it’s true! I’d rather not have to shift dates as it’s a special birthday for me too next year .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

I think the deal will be roughly the same as last year. I don't think they'll be including the new DDP+ plan.

I have been planning my 2021 trip for about 4 years (since I last went!) But only realised it was the 50th anniversary fairly recently. I'm now planning on delaying to 2022. If I see a good deal for 2021 then I might go for it but probably wait.
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Any ideas on when we can book?
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Lisa it may have just been so that they could raise the points for the rest of the year but if they are going to bring it forward I'd say it's an educated guess- for us on points alone it's roughly £300 difference bringing our holiday forward 1 week.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney_chick13 View Post
I’ve seen a few posts speculating what the free dining promotion will entail for stays during 2021 so I thought I would share my theory (or hope lol)

I think that given it is a special celebration year and that we have already seen a rise in hotel/ticket costs I think that something out of the norm will be offered.

My guess is that there will be a change in the tier system used...

I think that free breakfast at the all stars will remain the same

Pop and AOA will now include the QSDP (as they are coming up about £500-800 more than the all stars now!)

Moderates will include the standard DDP

And deluxe will offer the new DDP+

To me that makes complete sense, I know there are those saying that an incentive is not needed to entice people during the 50th but I disagree. This maybe the case for our American friends across the pond who have the scope to visit more frequently but I’m sure that the 50th may actually put off some brits. Some brits are likely to delay their “once in a lifetime trip” until a year or so after the celebrations for fear it will be too busy.

Sometimes I think that us lucky peeps on the dibb who go relatively often forget that for some this truly is a one time thing and therefore will be more careful when planning when to visit.
Fingers crossed hope you’re right
It’s our first time onsite & AOA is way more than I was expecting to pay, but taking Grandson so think he’ll love it
Would love to have QSDP included n the price
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DougTemplar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I thought the prices for Pop and AoA were increased because of the Skyliner. I doubt it's an impact on the possible dining offer.
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
I’m probably going against everything here, but we want a moderate but I don’t want the full ddp, we found it really restrictive last time and the tips really start to add up! So I’m kind of hoping it will stay the same in previous years. Although I expect there to be more restrictions given the anniversary celebrations.
Us too, we are hoping to go back to Port Orleans but wouldn’t want full DDP as it just doesn’t work well for us
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

With the world heading for an economic recession I would hope to see some good deals for next year.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
With the world heading for an economic recession I would hope to see some good deals for next year.
I think the opposite, I think demand will be high for next year with so many people cancelling this years break and rebooking for 2021, I think May will be busier than it usually is

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List