Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Mar 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m still hoping to go in 2021 but I certainly don’t think I will be rushing to book in April if/when any free dining is released. Who knows what effect it will have on flight prices? That is always the part I struggle with anyway so I would want to see how they were before committing to Disney. I would also be worried about the impact on my husband’s job, he’s the only wage earner in the family so if his job was affected due to the falling economy, we couldn’t afford to tie ourselves to an expensive holiday.

I also want to add how sorry I am for everyone affected by the closures now. I understand how they must be feeling, it must be so difficult to explain to children 😢
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Still planning August 2021, but I am wondering if this will delay any offers coming out, until they know how this will pan out.
Feel so sorry for people who are having to cancel, a friend was due to go today, her little ones are devastated. They know it can’t be helped but a 6 year old doesn’t really understand why they’re not getting to go.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I wonder if free dining release will be delayed until things stabilize
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
I wonder if free dining release will be delayed until things stabilize
See I wondered the opposite, I wondered if it will get released early to try and bring in some revenue.
Old 13 Mar 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
See I wondered the opposite, I wondered if it will get released early to try and bring in some revenue.
Hope so!
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
slimhead
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tco200 View Post
Us too, we are hoping to go back to Port Orleans but wouldn’t want full DDP as it just doesn’t work well for us
Can I ask why it didn’t suit you? We went last year and loved having the DDP we are trying to get in a cheaper trip for next year and was unsure the QSDP would be something we don’t get bored of?
slimhead is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
slimhead
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Also if someone could explain the DDP+ that would be great 👍🏽
slimhead is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by slimhead View Post
Also if someone could explain the DDP+ that would be great 👍🏽
Same as DDP except the QS credit is now a TS but can be used for either.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Anyone else thinking of putting 2021 on hold? Didn’t want to put a separate post on this as I feel so bad for the people booked for now and didn’t want to offend them. It was already going to be busy and now with people rebooking from this year it will be even more so now. I’d planned on booking on release but feel very much now that I will wait and see what’s going on especially as I’m self employed. Any money I’d saved might be going to cover loss of earnings if the worst comes to the worst.
Nope. I expect to go this September and next. This will not last forever. Eventually there will be a vaccine.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by slimhead View Post
Can I ask why it didn’t suit you? We went last year and loved having the DDP we are trying to get in a cheaper trip for next year and was unsure the QSDP would be something we don’t get bored of?
We just prefer the flexibility of the QSDP, with fastpass plus and everything else we didn’t want to have to be as rigid in booking meals in advance.

We don’t get bored of the food on QSDP as there’s loads of choice even just at Disney springs now
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List