Notices

Old 19 Apr 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Hi Kelly Happy Birthday to Noah - looks like he had a fab day! Love the pics and the cake looks delicious Really good luck getting through to VH. I completely understand your frustration as like you I would just want to know the changes had been made! I know they are all really busy and I asked for a change from July to August (I know - maybe a tad optimistic!) but TA said too soon to ask for changes to my booking but then I see others rebooking and thinking the new flight I want will be full etc etc... Wish I had booked with Virgin Atlantic direct as they are offering changes for my dates but then hopefully the TA will help with the flights, car and accommodation...? We have a villa booked separately too and I keep checking it's availability as well... It's so difficult to know what to do... I also looked at BA flight prices for Easter 2021 - so so expensive... Really hope your changes are sorted asap and really good luck with the trip to the Post Office and then the CAMHS appt etc! I am also scared about going out at the moment. Had to go to the pharmacy for DS meds last week - went first thing so quieter than I expected thankfully... Very glad to have another month's worth so can relax for a little bit! Take care and hopefully you will have new countdown very soon...
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Aw it looks like Noah had an awesome day. Well done Chris for making the cake, it looks fab. Sega megadrive - there’s a blast from the past! I had the lion king game which I loved.

I really hope you get a response from Virgin soon so that you can get organised.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Aah he looks like he had a great time and really enjoyed himself. Lovely photos of you all having fun.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Hi Kelly Happy Birthday to Noah - looks like he had a fab day! Love the pics and the cake looks delicious Really good luck getting through to VH. I completely understand your frustration as like you I would just want to know the changes had been made! I know they are all really busy and I asked for a change from July to August (I know - maybe a tad optimistic!) but TA said too soon to ask for changes to my booking but then I see others rebooking and thinking the new flight I want will be full etc etc... Wish I had booked with Virgin Atlantic direct as they are offering changes for my dates but then hopefully the TA will help with the flights, car and accommodation...? We have a villa booked separately too and I keep checking it's availability as well... It's so difficult to know what to do... I also looked at BA flight prices for Easter 2021 - so so expensive... Really hope your changes are sorted asap and really good luck with the trip to the Post Office and then the CAMHS appt etc! I am also scared about going out at the moment. Had to go to the pharmacy for DS meds last week - went first thing so quieter than I expected thankfully... Very glad to have another month's worth so can relax for a little bit! Take care and hopefully you will have new countdown very soon...
He did thank you, it was a lovely day, minus the bash in the mouth again haha.

I know what you mean, that's exactly my thinking, it's so frustrating isn't it. The prices next year are horrendous! I know it's the 50th Anniversary but even so the flight prices are shocking.

I'm hoping to get to the Post Office today, I'm just waiting on an address for one of the parcels. I have paid for all the postages online so I can just head to our delivery office and drop them off. Luckily it's only a 5 minute walk away so if I don't get it today I can pop down tomorrow in between work.

Could you look at online services that will deliver prescriptions? Chris managed to get his delivered through ECHO or something I think.

Keep safe xx
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Aw it looks like Noah had an awesome day. Well done Chris for making the cake, it looks fab. Sega megadrive - there’s a blast from the past! I had the lion king game which I loved.

I really hope you get a response from Virgin soon so that you can get organised.
He did thanks Lynda. It is isn't it, very proud of him haha. We both had one when we were younger and bought another a couple of years ago, the boys absolutely loved it. Chris said he had the lion king game and liked it. I had Aladdin and loved that but could never get passed the cave level haha.

Hope your both well, thank you xx

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Aah he looks like he had a great time and really enjoyed himself. Lovely photos of you all having fun.
He did thanks Abby

Still waiting for a reply from Virgin, it's 3 days now since I last contacted them. The flight prices dropped yesterday so I sent a screenshot of the flights and accomodation we wanted to change to hoping that they could just read the message and change it as the prices dropped so we would have been due back around £1,800! But not reply ... then this morning they have now increase by £700!

I understand they are busy but it is so frustrating! I'm actually tempted to get in touch with Disney tell them the issues I'm having with Virgin and ask if I can change the booking to direct with Disney to keep the dining plan and book the flights ourselves x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It might be worth ringing Disney direct? No harm in trying is there xx
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I think I'm going to give them a call after dinner and see if they can help keep our booking.

Just received an email from Virgin stating that our holiday is cancelled. We have the option of re-booking, with a voucher they've issued us for our full balance with an extra 4000 air miles (which only equates to around £50/£60) I think. To rebook we need to fill out a form (which I filled out last week already) and they will get back to us to rearrange.

Or we can have a full refund and to fill a different form in if we want a full refund x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Good luck with your phone call xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I called Disney and as I expected they said no, it needs to go through the travel agent. Still had no contact at all from Virgin. I've made a list of dates we could do and how many days but availability is declining rapidly each day. Our dates in September for POR are no longer available.

We're going to wait till Virgin get in contact. If they can't do any of the dates we propose we're going to cancel and get a refund and extend our December/January trip instead.

Our travel dates are currently 28th December - 9th January. 10 nights in a villa, 2 nights in Tampa for Busch Gardens and after arrival. We're looking at changing to 24th December - 16th January giving us 23 days. We are thinking of changing the villa to 24th December - 6th January if it's available, then 10 nights onsite at Port Orleans Riverside. Will keep you updated.

I got several emails from Disney yesterday cancelling our ADR's for May I made some ADR's for September just incase we get booked up, but based on prices today I think it's highly unlikely we'll get booked up now, so will cancel those when we know what's happening.

We haven't been up to much this week. Typically today's over cast so don't think we'll be getting out in the garden when we're actually off work. I bought some diamond paintings a couple of weeks ago and they arrived on Thursday. I'm almost finished mine, I'll post a pic when it's done. It's Disney obviously Caitlin is doing one too, Noah is helping me and Thomas isn't really interested.

I had an email from Uni yesterday and I've been granted mitigation till 24th August. Hoping I can my assignments done before then. Our graduation has also been moved to October 24th 2020.

Today's cleaning day then I think we're going to chill out with activities and a film.

Hope everyone's ok and keeping well xx
Old 25 Apr 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Mobile

I have been lurking, but not posting as I was too sad. Just wanted to say sorry yours has now been cancelled too and I really hope Virgin get you sorted asap. If you do end up changing to a lot December holiday it sounds like it will be an amazing holiday... 23 days and there for Xmas, amazing!

We have decided it will be 2022 for us now. We really like April/ May and did not want to do 2021 as a lot will be closed for renovation before the anniversary in October. I'm super sad we have to wait another two years, but we will do some other trips in the mean time hopefully.

Should have been on a flight to Miami about now which is sad, however I am going to make a key lime pie instead as that is what I was planning to live off in the Keys!
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
I have been lurking, but not posting as I was too sad. Just wanted to say sorry yours has now been cancelled too and I really hope Virgin get you sorted asap. If you do end up changing to a lot December holiday it sounds like it will be an amazing holiday... 23 days and there for Xmas, amazing!

We have decided it will be 2022 for us now. We really like April/ May and did not want to do 2021 as a lot will be closed for renovation before the anniversary in October. I'm super sad we have to wait another two years, but we will do some other trips in the mean time hopefully.

Should have been on a flight to Miami about now which is sad, however I am going to make a key lime pie instead as that is what I was planning to live off in the Keys!
Sending you virtual hugs. I know exactly what you mean, I haven't felt like coming on much either, I'm reading quite a bit just not posting 😔 I hope you get rebooked for 2022 when your ready to do so. We wanted to try for next year but the prices are extortionate 😔

Oooo key lime pie sounds lovely! I bet you'll enjoy that 😊 xx