Notices

Old 25 Apr 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
CJC
Very Serious Dibber

Well Virgin finally cancelled our flights for 9th May, so Myah at Everafterholidays (Mymagicholidays) have promptly processed my full refund - best travel agent ever.
Now just waiting for other refunds for discovery cove etc.
We have decided to rebook for May21 but wont do this for a couple of months to see if/when disney and universal re-open and what social distancing restrictions they have in place.
Two weeks today we should have been on the plane ✈️
CJC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Just finished the diamond painting ❤️ I've loved doing it and found it's been very relaxing and kept my mind occupied. I'm unsure which one to start next though, will have to have a look at what ones there are again. Anyway here it is 😁

caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CJC View Post
Well Virgin finally cancelled our flights for 9th May, so Myah at Everafterholidays (Mymagicholidays) have promptly processed my full refund - best travel agent ever.
Now just waiting for other refunds for discovery cove etc.
We have decided to rebook for May21 but wont do this for a couple of months to see if/when disney and universal re-open and what social distancing restrictions they have in place.
Two weeks today we should have been on the plane ✈️
I'm so sorry 😔 but great that you've been sorted with a refund already. We went with My Magic Holidays in October 2018 and they were brilliant!

We were debating waiting to see if free dining is released also. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you 🤞 xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh dear it sounds very difficult, if virgin won't even talk to you yet that's not good. I'm sorry to read that it's so difficult to get on the phone with them. What a right pain in the butt.

I wonder if your Christmas plans are a more realistic time frame? I don't know, everything seems to be on pause at the moment...apart from holiday countdown that is. Mine is somehow speeding up when everything else has stopped.

I'm so sorry Kelly that you haven't got anything firmed up yet.

But on the plus side wow! That's a great picture what a good idea, it must have been fun working on it together.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

What a pain it's all taking so much time and effort to sort out. An extended trip over Dec/Jan sounds good - hopefully that all works out for you. I really do hope things are back to a more normal state of affairs by then.

The Uni extension seems reasonable, giving you the whole summer to get caught up.

Your Mickey diamond picture is cute. Lovely to find something you can work on with the kids taking part.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh dear it sounds very difficult, if virgin won't even talk to you yet that's not good. I'm sorry to read that it's so difficult to get on the phone with them. What a right pain in the butt.

I wonder if your Christmas plans are a more realistic time frame? I don't know, everything seems to be on pause at the moment...apart from holiday countdown that is. Mine is somehow speeding up when everything else has stopped.

I'm so sorry Kelly that you haven't got anything firmed up yet.

But on the plus side wow! That's a great picture what a good idea, it must have been fun working on it together.
It's a massive pain but we've kind of given up with them now tbh. One things for certain I highly doubt we'll be using them again in future after this.

The one time we don't want countdown's to speed up and time just seems to be flying by.

It's lovely isn't it. I started Ariel on Sunday and I'm almost finished, probably get it finished tomorrow as I haven't done much this week with work and Uni work

Hope you're all well Abby xx

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
What a pain it's all taking so much time and effort to sort out. An extended trip over Dec/Jan sounds good - hopefully that all works out for you. I really do hope things are back to a more normal state of affairs by then.

The Uni extension seems reasonable, giving you the whole summer to get caught up.

Your Mickey diamond picture is cute. Lovely to find something you can work on with the kids taking part.
Thanks Lynda, it's such a pain but we've resigned ourselves to it is what is now.

It is, although ideally I'd have preferred if they had gone off our grades so far My tutor has looked over my dissertation though and said it's definitely at a first standard so fingers crossed it will help my grades. I'm at 70% now which is a first ... just. I still have one more 3500 report to and awaiting one grade back from that module too.

I love it and Caitlin's enjoying hers too. Thomas and Noah have given up already xx
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

A quick update

So as of tomorrow Chris has been furloughed from work for at least 3 weeks. On the plus side this means he can entertain the kid's whilst I'm at work and working on my Uni assignments! He's also planning to decorate Thomas's bedroom and possibly the dining room.

Still no further forward with Virgin, we've resigned ourselves to knowing we aren't going to be able to speak to them until 10am on Tuesday. I have a call scheduled from Mickey on Saturday so need to make sure no picks the call up or the kid's will be so upset. I think if we can't book September I'm going to make a single booking for 10 nights at POR in January 2021 and extend that trip. If they release free dining I'll cancel this and only lose £50 and then we'll rebook with free dining. We were hanging on to our Premier Inn booking waiting on dates from Virgin as we had a bargain of £35 per room and needed the dates to rearrange. They emailed on Sunday and cancelled the booking if we do go in September the rooms are more than double the price now! Yes again because Virgin won't discuss rearranging with us.

My dissertation is almost complete now. I have to conclude my analysis and main findings then write my introduction, abstract, conclusion and recommendations. I'm hoping to have it finished by the middle of May then work on my Managing Public, Community and Voluntary Services report of 3500 words.

Hope everyone is keeping well and I'm so sorry for being so whingy and moany recently xx
Old 1 May 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh Kelly. I'm sorry to find out that Chris is furloughed. I hope it's just a short term thing. I'm glad you're looking on the bright side though, you're right he can sort out the kids and you can focus on your uni work. I'm sure it will happen

I don't know about you but somehow in our house I'm working from home, perhaps not quite as many hours as I would be in a normal week, but close to it. I'm still doing all the cleaning and cooking and sorting out the kids. Dave is doing about half the hours he normally would and has found time to do a bit of gardening how does that happen? I'm barely keeping up to date with posts on here now that's a serious problem!

That Mickey phone call tomorrow set me off oh dear. I'm so sad for you. I can't even say I know how you must be feeling as at the moment you know I'm still hoping and praying. Maybe I will get to go on our trip and maybe I won't, and if that happens, then I'll know how you're feeling . I'm so, so, so, sorry for you. It's hard to put into words.

You're on my keeping everything crossed list though. I'm absolutely keeping all fingers and toes crossed for that blow out Christmas adventure. I know you talked about September or October, but given Virgin won't talk to you I'm going to hold out for the trip that you'd be going on anyway that you can extend. You're right to put that £50 deposit down. I'd talked to Colette (secretly so don't tell anyone ) about if our trip doesn't happen then maybe we'd do a Christmas trip and she suggested a £50 deposit on a room wouldn't be a bad idea. The trouble is it feels like an admission to me that I don't think the trip this summer will go ahead and so I can't quite bring myself to actually put in place a back up plan.

I don't know?

Its so hard isn't it?

What I do know is I really hope your Christmas trip is the best one yet for you guys.

Xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear that Chris is now furloughed, but at least it should take some pressure off of you with him having a bit of time on his hands. It sounds like you're making good headway with your dissertation now, which will be a relief to you.

It's a shame there's not much progress on the holiday front, but hopefully you will get some news on Tuesday. At least you have other plans in the pipeline which I hope work out for you. Extending your winter trip sounds like a great idea.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Hi Kelly
Really hope the Mickey call went well this morning! So sorry to hear Chris has been furloughed. I was furloughed for April and it has been extended through May... Not great but does mean I can focus on DS and DD and hopefully we will all be back to school/work soon... Sorry you are struggling to get hold of VH. I must admit to having found them to be great in the past but I guess this is testing a lot of companies... I'm booked with Kenwood Travel to travel in July. I asked them to change some details but they have given me a 2 week extension on the balance and won't do any changes yet! I guess I will see how good they are when balance is due and more government decisions re travel are made...
You will absolutely love Disney at Christmas. I love the decorations Dress for all seasons - can be very hot one day then freezing the next! Take gloves, coats, shorts, t-shirts, sun hats and woolly hats Great idea to extend the trip... the crowds disappear once marathon weekend is over so a fab time to be there!
Take care and really good luck with coursework etc - sounds like you are doing brilliantly.
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List