Old 10 Aug 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
23rd Visit Is a Charm

Who's going?
Me Jane aged 51 years - feels like 80 years, tired out planner of the holiday, organiser, packer, researcher, purchaser of everything.
DH Paul aged 50 - feels/acts like he's 12. Sits back and lets me do all the holiday prep, he drives us to the airport
DS - Andrew aged 26 does nothing towards the planning just gonna turn up and enjoy it (his words) He has put some money towards his holiday, not covered it all but its the thought that counts...
Harriet now aged 6, the cutest most beautiful little princess aged 6 that we have in the family. (Harriet hates princesses but loves everything pink)

So as the title says this will be our 23rd visit to WDW Harriets 1st and possibly one of the ones we are looking forward to doing Our last visit was for my 50th birthday in October 2017 so we are having withdrawal symptoms big time lol. No visit last year as we had a new kitchen installed so our budget was pretty stretched! We booked in April 2018 and the last year has been possibly one of the worst years of our lives but also bizarrely one of the best I will explain why!

Our beautiful Granddaughter Harriet wanted so badly to come and when we cleared it with the parents we were good to go and booked as soon as we could.

We wanted a 2 bed villa at OKW so we had to go on the waiting list until the rooms were released.We originally booked The Wilderness Cabins we weren't bothered if we had to stay there but really did want OKW as it is our most favourite place

So here's why we had an awful year.

January 2018 - New Kitchen which we love
February 2018 - Lovely week in Fuerteventura, found out we were going t become grandparents again - fabulous news
March 2018 - Nothing good, lost a family member to cancer and marked the anniversary of losing my darling mum
April 2018 - I had a stroke We booked Disney
May 2018 - Found out our new little grand baby was to be another princess
June 2018 - We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary
July 2018 - Huge family get together for baby shower
August 2018 - Harriet turned 5 and we mark the anniversary to set off to go to Disney
September 2018 - Our new princess is born Athena arrived and we all fell head over heels in love, excited that in a few years from now we will be taking a new princess to WDW with us.
October - 2018 Nothing of any note happened apart from I turned 51
November 2018 - DS Andrew graduated with a 2.1 so proud of him!
December 2018- Christmas!
January 2019 - Nothing really
February 2019 - Fuerteventura for DH's 50th Birthday
March 2019 - DH has a massive heart attack Everything was thrown into doubt as we were not aware what was going to happen, if he would be well enough to fly etc, very tense time. Lost my Aunt to cancer.
April 2019 - We are told DH can go but has to take it very easy, lost uncle to cancer
May 2019 - DH bought his Jaguar XF a car he has been drooling over for years! We said a sad farewell to our X Type Although to be honest once we handed over the keys to the old car we didn't look back Lost my uncle to cancer
June 2019 - Athena's christening fab day
Jul 2019 - DH getting better every day
August 2019 we go this month yay! DH has an abscess in his mouth and its looking like he might have to be referred to hospital due to all the meds he is on... luckily or unluckily depends which way you look at it when the dentist poked around in DH's mouth they bust the abscess urgh Loads of antibiotics prescribed he is felling much much better Harriet turned 6 and we are good to go!

So we fly out on Dibbers row 19 A & C and 18 A&C Manchester to MCO 23rd August 11.10 am if you are on our flight come and say hello

We are staying in the Hilton the night before in a family room then have meet and greet parking.

I have booked fast pass through security and we are in the lounge.

Duty free has been ordered (tip - on the Manchester Airport website if you preorder and do click and collect there's 20% off! Love a bargain)
We have transfers booked through Quicksilver when we get to the other side

OKW 2 bed villa for 2 whole weeks with DDP, all ADR's booked and all the fast passes. We are doing MNSSHP 2nd September and have our costumes already

We have kept to the plain old magic bands as I was just to tight to spend $15 each on the ones with pictures on, they still open the door, get you in a park let you charge to your room and order food etc, having a picture of Mickey on there makes no difference to being able to do all of those things!

Car hire through DFCH who advertise on here, we have booked an intermediate SUV and will pick up from Disney Dolphin the day after we arrive. Its a tradition for DH and I to catch the bus to DS and walk over to the Dolphin, but this year I might make him wait for the boat.

Insurance wow between us we had an awful year health wise and due to the holiday being booked prior to DH's heart attack we were covered already (we have bank insurance with RBS and it is very good) Me however I had to pay £348 for mine DS & Harriets were a further £120 through our bank account but we are all covered for the same and covered well

We have all our $'s at a shockingly rubbish exchange rate

Esta's all done and approved and printed off as well just to make sure!

New suitcases for DS & Harriet and new clothes and shoes for all bought, Teabags already in the suitcase along with the satnav, kettle and extension leads lol. First aid kits and toiletries.

I am almost packed, just need to put the clothes in last minute, and we will be ready for the off

We are having our last haircut before the holiday next week and I will be having my eyebrows and eyelashes trimmed and tinted.

I am going to have my nails done as Harriet has chosen these

Harriet chose my magic band which is yellow so had to match

So I think we are all done.

After one of the worst years of our lives we are looking forward to going away and just celebrating that we are still here breathing in and out, and counting our blessings.

So folks if you made it this far thanks for taking the time to read about the run up to our trip. If you got bored and left sorry!

Come on countdown get moving!

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19

Edited at 09:56 AM.
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh you guys really need this holiday! I hope you have an amazing time... Harriet is a perfect age for getting the most out of Disney... relax and enjoy 😊
Old 10 Aug 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

So glad your DH is on the mend and yourself too! How amazing to take DGD it will be lovely to see things through her eyes 😁 PS love the nails!
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Hope you have a fantastic trip! You certainly deserve it.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Have a fabulous holiday
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You need a holiday.. hope you have the best time!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hope you all have a fantastic holiday, you deserve it !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List