Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 May 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
Not true, the Millenium Falcon - Smuggler's Run ride is due to open when the land opens on August 31st. The 2nd ride Rise of The Resistance is the one opening later, and Disney say towards the end of this year or early next, certainly not Fall next year, nothing on Disney is saying that
Fall was the previous opening schedule before they shocked everyone and said the end of August

Is suspect that TA doesn’t know that much about Disney (they can’t know about every destination) and just remembers a memo coming round about it
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
An independent TA my DH knows mentioned today that millennium falcon might be fall 2020, anyone else heard that?
Disney has officially confirmed that the Millennium Falcon ride will open on 29th August 2019 - the same day that the land opens.

The other ride - Rise of the Resistance - doesn't open when the land opens but Disney has said it will open later this year.

I'm not sure where the TA is getting their information from, but perhaps you should point them in the direction of the DIBB?

Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
Fall was the previous opening schedule before they shocked everyone and said the end of August

Is suspect that TA doesn’t know that much about Disney (they can’t know about every destination) and just remembers a memo coming round about it
Erm, the previous opening schedule and "memo" was for late Fall this year (2019). It has never been Fall 2020.

The TA is a year out.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 09:51 AM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
geordieminnie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by galaxy101 View Post
I will look forward to watching the video hopefully give me an idea what to expect in October. What's your YouTube channel called? 😀
Louisa Rose (the picture with Stitch) not the one with thousands of subscribers. We are out there 3rd Sept to the 20th.
geordieminnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
pezilla
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Were I'm disney week beginning 23 Sept were already ready to stand in the que ...
Old 18 May 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybecks
New Poster (5)

Mobile

We will be there on 29 August but to be honest am not counting on getting in as won’t really be able to camp out with the kids or stand for hours. I think we might go the day/evening before on the off chance they do some kind of informal soft opening (have read anecdotes about this happening with other openings but think we’d be very lucky to drop in with this). I think we’ll do F&W at Epcot and may go over to HS later on in the evening to see if we can at least get a look at GE. Something for us to look forward to in 2020 anyway!
Disneybecks is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

We too will also be there for opening day. Even though HS is opening at 6am for the first 3 days (I believe), I don't think we'll get anywhere near GE. We've watched a couple of YouTubers who were talking about the possibility of people camping outside we'll have no chance 😃.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

I was watching a YouTuber yesterday who was at WDW for the opening of TSL and FOP. He said he is planning to be at GE for midnight! We will definitely be there but not sure what time, we are staying at the Beach Club so we can walk to HS. 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rbecking
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

What type of rides are they? Both simulation?
Rbecking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We booked for September before the announcement of opening. Crowd callendars and predictions have all gone out the window. I read somewhere that having dining reservations will still allow entry on 2 levels of park closure if busy so we've booked an ADR for the 2 days we want to spend there. Just hope the entire of WDW isnt as mental as some are predicting!x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Rbecking View Post
What type of rides are they? Both simulation?
The Millennium Falcon ride is a simulator. The Rise of the Resistance ride is a trackless dark ride, possibly similarish to the Ratatouille ride at DLP but obviously with a different theme.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List