Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 May 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Galaxy Edge questions

Sorry if all this has previously been answered but I have not looked in this section properly for a while (too sad with no trip planned for this year &#128554
I am a Star Wars fan and can’t wait to see this next year.
What is this about no FP’s?
When pandora opened it was difficult to get a FP but you could manage it, however getting into that land was extremely hard! The queue was massive, even getting in AK was hard work.
Will this be the same? Worse? Will/have Disney put things in place to try and help this or is it first come, first served so to speak?
Will it be a sit and camp out from 5am job to get into the land?

We will be there next July so we will hit the summer crowds and can imagine it being crowded but I hope we still get to experience it!

For those hitting GE this year, what will your game plan be?
I am hoping someone will do a trip report on it 👍🏻👍🏻

Edited at 07:21 PM.
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
geordieminnie
slightly serious Dibber

We are going in Sept. We are lucky there will be 6am EMH so hopefully we can get in early a few mornings. We will be videoing it for our you tube channel.
geordieminnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

FP willbe added at a later date,no idea when though.

As to GE this year is get there for open at 6am (or earlier to for the 6am start)

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I'll be there for a 6am start in October. EMH. Booked a night onsite as it was my dream to do it once and as its our last trip😭 going for it.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I think getting into HS is going to be crazy. When it gets to full capacity do they just turn everyone else away?
Sorry obviously they will have too. You would be gutted if you had queued and not got in
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We go in September and plan on doing Hollywood studios on our 2nd day at 6am just to experience it, we plan on leaving Hollywood Studios by 11am at the latest to go back to the Hotel pool!our only other Hollywood studios day will be an evening to hopefully watch fantasmic!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I think getting into HS is going to be crazy. When it gets to full capacity do they just turn everyone else away?
Sorry obviously they will have too. You would be gutted if you had queued and not got in
I dont think Hollywood studios is going to get anywhere near capacity,Galaxy’s edge may do in the first few weeks especially weekends though!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
You're going 10 months after it opens, it'll be fine.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THOscar View Post
You're going 10 months after it opens, it'll be fine.
I wouldn't be so sure on that, Avatar is still attracting mega queues nearly 2 years after opening.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
I wouldn't be so sure on that, Avatar is still attracting mega queues nearly 2 years after opening.

Dave
Avatar I get but how seven dwarfs mine train was still attracting crowds for some long after opening is a mystery.

When do people think that fast passes will come in eventually? I don’t really like to queue.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List