Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Nov 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I think it warrants an emergency appointment
Thanks, I’ll call on Monday.

Seeing as I’ve had it for nearly 3 weeks, I didn’t want to trouble them today.
Old 8 Nov 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Was also going to suggest anaemic and also Vitamim D levels. When I was vitamin D deficient, I could barely walk up the stairs. I felt about 90.
Hope you get to the bottom of it soon.
Thanks. I also take a vitamin D effervescent most days, so I doubt it’s that. I started taking it when I read a thread about vitamin D deficiency on here and decided it sounded so awful, I never wanted to have it. I hope you’re okay now!

I do have a history of B12 deficiency but I have regular injections, most recently yesterday.
Old 8 Nov 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
lindylou46
slightly serious Dibber

I have absolutely no idea what is wrong but l wouldn't leave it over the weekend, could you maybe call the non-emergency # and ask for advice. Hope you get an answer and feel much better soon.
lindylou46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

As others have said, I would push for an appointment with the doctor as soon as you can.

However, my daughter had similar symptoms when she was diagnosed with costochondritis. She was also told that as she had this once, it was more likely to reoccur. So you could be getting reoccurrences of this, my DD has had small flare ups since. We were really worried and had an emergency appointment as she had chest pains and shortage of breath and she did have an ecg to check there was no major issues, but it was very painful and worrying
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

I have pernicious anaemia and have injections monthly!
I was really breathless around 2 years ago and a blood test showed i had a severe vit D deficiency.
Since supplementing with vit D and magnesium I feel so much better!
I know you said you supplement vit D .. I ended up buying a good quality one and it made the world of difference .. I also suffer from costochondritis which causes chest pain (i believe it’s linked to vit d deficiency) I actually had a flare up of it yesterday, the pain is awful ..
Obviously seeing your GP is the way to go, I just wanted to share my info .. Good luck x

Edited at 08:25 PM.
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Last thing I want to do is worry you, but those symptoms you describe are classic heart attack symptoms, I know because I have had one, get to a medical professional !
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I was going to suggest Pleurisy as well. It gets worse to the point that you can’t even sneeze without bawling your eyes out. The second time I had it the Dr told me it was a pulled muscle. I was in the walk in Centre at 10 pm on Christmas Eve, diagnosis was Pleurisy.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Could it be a side effect to something you’re taking? Once I was so ill and didn’t know what was wrong with me and it turned out to be a side effects from the iron tablets I was taking (not your symptoms) but I hadn’t even considered that at the time.
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Obviously don’t take advice here but, are you stressed?
I had a strange episode a few years ago which was similar and came to a head in the car on the motorway which wasn’t ideal. 🙄
I was adamant I wasn’t under stress. Looking back I probably was. I definitely was.

Definitley get yourself booked in even if you think you’re not an emergency.

Edited at 10:07 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
As others have said, I would push for an appointment with the doctor as soon as you can.

However, my daughter had similar symptoms when she was diagnosed with costochondritis. She was also told that as she had this once, it was more likely to reoccur. So you could be getting reoccurrences of this, my DD has had small flare ups since. We were really worried and had an emergency appointment as she had chest pains and shortage of breath and she did have an ecg to check there was no major issues, but it was very painful and worrying
I hadn’t thought of this. That’s incredibly painful. I had it whilst pregnant which is apparently very common. I couldn’t even stand to wear a bra!
I obviously didn’t leave the house without one!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List