Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Dec 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile Some people obviously have no morals!

Ordered a top to wear to my works Xmas party on Thursday. Paid £5.99 for next day signed delivery. Checked the tracking this morning and it’s down as being delivered and signed for! There is a digital signature that is not mine so RM have obviously delivered it to the wrong address and someone has signed for it! Been and knocked on some neighbours doors and no answer, it was only signed for 45 minutes ago so it looks like someone has basically stolen my top. I’ve contacted RM who are opening an investigation and the company who I bought the top from but it’s looking like I’ll have to fork out again if I want the top by Thursday. Absolutely fuming at the moment!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s not good. I hope someone comes deliver it to your door for you later
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

It might not be quite as bad as you think as I am signing for parcels all the time without even knowing if I or a family member ordered them. There might be the wrong address on it, or just delivered in error to the wrong address, and the person may have gone out as it was only 45 minutes before you knocked, so it may not have been stolen at all.

I'm sure you will get it okay.

Edited at 01:37 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
45 minutes strikes me as a bit premature to be fearing the worst.

If a delivery driver comes to my door - and there's several most days right now - I take what I'm given and sign for it.

Depending on what I'm doing it may be a while before I actually check out the package, close the address label and notice where it's from. If I'm not expecting anything I'd almost certainly just pop it down, assuming it to be for my partner who is out at work.

So, it may be some time before I/we noticed the parcel wasn't actually for us, and then sought to take it where it really belongs.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ll see if anyone brings it round later, I probably should say that I’m a little pessimistic as something similar happened a while ago...my DH’s 90 yr old grandfather posted a birthday card through the wrong door with £10 in it, my DH went round and they point blank denied receiving it, even though my DH explained that it was his elderly grandfather who had posted it...for the sake of £10!
Hopefully I’ll be proved wrong and someone will do the right thing this time though
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

It does sound like its been delivered somewhere by mistake as usually you would get a name/house number if its delivered to/signed for by a neighbour.

I would try the neighbours again later just in case as if someone did take it in and they have gone out since it was signed for. I've signed for quite a few of my neighbours parcels lately( I think the postie/delivery people know I will so I get all of them )and I know quite a few times people have called to collect when I'm not in.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I’ve never taken a delivery for someone else without the delivery driver telling me who it is for. I find it strange that people are not told that they are taking in a parcel for someone else.
Op, I hope you get your top.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s definately been delivered to the wrong address accidentally, that’s been confirmed by Royal Mail, just hoping whoever signed for it hasn’t realised it wasn’t for them and will return it...nothing yet though
Old 9 Dec 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have never had issues in the past regarding ordering inline but I am having an absolute nightmare this year.
Firstly my daughters order was delivered and signed for but not at our address then last week my order was delivered and signed for but again not at our address. Both times they was delivered by Hermes.
Luckily my daughter got a refund from ASOS but I have not heard back from JD yet. I emailed them on Friday and again today.
I have checked behind both side gates and even in our bins!
I also placed an order with QVC and the item is now out of stock so I need to find my mum something else but this was perfect
And to top it all off I ordered some make brush holders and beauty blender holder for my daughter and just had an email to say they won’t arrive until the 30th Dec (Amazon)
So frustrating
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Fra
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
Ordered a top to wear to my works Xmas party on Thursday. Paid £5.99 for next day signed delivery. Checked the tracking this morning and it’s down as being delivered and signed for! There is a digital signature that is not mine so RM have obviously delivered it to the wrong address and someone has signed for it! Been and knocked on some neighbours doors and no answer, it was only signed for 45 minutes ago so it looks like someone has basically stolen my top. I’ve contacted RM who are opening an investigation and the company who I bought the top from but it’s looking like I’ll have to fork out again if I want the top by Thursday. Absolutely fuming at the moment!
Maybe the person who signed for it has things to do and isn't curtain twitching waiting on you coming home to dash out and hand it to you straight away.

Bit harsh to accuse someone of stealing IMO at this early stage.
Fra is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List