Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Dec 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyEvie
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile Online dating

How on earth do you meet someone nowadays? I'm using an online dating company, that I'm paying for, but I'm finding that no one is replying back to my messages or those that do have either stopped replying or others live too far away. It's a bit soul crushing! I haven't been doing it long, I'm probably not being very patient 😂
I don't meet new people in work, all my friends are happily married and I do go to the gym bit find it very difficult to even start a conversation as most people have their head done and are working hard!
My husband left last year so I felt ready to try dating again but this is daunting!
Any tips or advice? Xx
DisneyEvie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Have u got any hobbies or interests? Do u like the theatre or any other group things.
themeparksandy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I don’t have any tips and advice but my good friend is in the same position as you and is getting disheartened too. If it’s any consolation you’re not the only one.

Hopefully someone will have some good advice which might help my friend too!
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyEvie
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Thanks for your replies, yes I do have my own hobbies but there's no available men there!

Maybe I need to hang around in bars and wait for guys who are out with their friends?! 😂
DisneyEvie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

My sister met her husband online! It’s luck of the draw online I think... I don’t know anyone else who has had this much luck!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Both my brothers met their partners online, one now married the other in long term relationship. I have no advice - met DH on a course we were both on and been together 25 years so no experience of online dating- but both my brothers now have happy relationships so it can work for some people.
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyEvie View Post
Thanks for your replies, yes I do have my own hobbies but there's no available men there!

Maybe I need to hang around in bars and wait for guys who are out with their friends?! 😂
Back to basics, alcohol and poor judgement, worked for centuries
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
DisneyEvie
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Patience is a virtue ☺ thank you for the encouragement
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

My friend met her long term boyfriend on plenty of fish but I know it took a while! Keep trying!

Is there any kind of dating/mingling events you could go to or are those not the done thing any more? I met my husband at 21 through friends so I'm not exactly a font of dating knowledge haha
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

My Uncle joined Match.com and met Shannon in 2006 and they got married in 2017 and his never been happier. If you be honest and list everything u like doing and places to visit then other men will contact you.
themeparksandy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List