Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Dec 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

It’s a no from me - but I am going to tip our Hermes delivery lady, she’s brill.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If a tradesperson is used previously randomly did this I would probably make a mental note to not use them again. I often over pay and give a tip if I think work is well done at the time or give alcohol at the end of a job. I have one tradesperson who likes particular cakes and I always get those. Coming on the scrounge for a Christmas tip after dealings were concluded would be very off putting
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pjamas View Post
If a tradesperson is used previously randomly did this I would probably make a mental note to not use them again. I often over pay and give a tip if I think work is well done at the time or give alcohol at the end of a job. I have one tradesperson who likes particular cakes and I always get those. Coming on the scrounge for a Christmas tip after dealings were concluded would be very off putting
Fair point regards it being off putting, but perhaps I could offer to give them a money off voucher for any future work (10% discount) if they give me a Christmas tip?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm from Yorkshire I don't give money away to anyone 😂
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
My husband gets tips given to him all the time, he gets bottles in of wine, chocolates and was given a hamper once. If he does work around Christmas he gets a extra £20 or £30. He hasn’t been at work much lately, he’s getting in the festive mood a bit early!
Hubby probably wants a taste of your daily life (laying in, watching tv, the internet, eating cake, more watching tv and wasting time on the internet/dibb).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Hubby probably wants a taste of your daily life (laying in, watching tv, the internet, eating cake, more watching tv and wasting time on the internet/dibb).
I’m very tired as I was out getting the rest of Christmas shopping today, apparently the dog is mine and I have to walk her everyday during the week. The weekend is now split between my dh and son, dd has too much A level work to take the dog out. I decorated the house in festive attire and had no help, dh only put up one thing and got the hump. I have wrapped 30 presents and have about 25more to wrap, oh and his parents are coming for Christmas lunch cooked by me, then we have a Boxing Day spread cooked by me and my sister. My sister birthday tomorrow and there will much cake eating!
Old 11 Dec 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I’m very tired as I was out getting the rest of Christmas shopping today, apparently the dog is mine and I have to walk her everyday during the week. The weekend is now split between my dh and son, dd has too much A level work to take the dog out. I decorated the house in festive attire and had no help, dh only put up one thing and got the hump. I have wrapped 30 presents and have about 25more to wrap, oh and his parents are coming for Christmas lunch cooked by me, then we have a Boxing Day spread cooked by me and my sister. My sister birthday tomorrow and there will much cake eating!
Sandra, no wonder you don't have a job your life is all go go go. Your hubby could do more to help you after his 10 hours a day doing his physical builders job. Have you considered getting home help?
Old 11 Dec 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Anyone who knocks at my door, tradesperson, binman, window cleaner with the sole purpose of expecting a tip is hard no from from me.

I only tip for service which goes above and beyond the job description. A taxi which just drives me from A to B = no tip, a taxi which helps me with bags ,is helpful etc = tip In a restaurant a server who advises about menu items, knows about dietary restrictions, is attentive of guest needs = tip, a server which just takes the order and brings the food = no tip

Just doing your job and then expecting a tip is a hard no.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Sandra, no wonder you don't have a job your life is all go go go. Your hubby could do more to help you after his 10 hours a day doing his physical builders job. Have you considered getting home help?
More like 10 hours a week just lately! I am flipping knackered, still he just put up a string of Christmas lights so I should be grateful! 🤦
Old 11 Dec 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

More like 10 hours a week just lately! I am flipping knackered, still he just put up a string of Christmas lights so I should be grateful! 🤦
I probably do about 10 to 16 hours work a week (for payment) and it can be very exhausting, so I can relate to how tired your hubby must be.

I often find the less work/exercise I do the more tired I get, so that might explain why you're knackered.