Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jun 15, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Rides which scare the children?

I'm not talking about how fast a ride is, or drops etc but more the themeing. My ds will be 8 and dd 5. Will they be ok on Haunted Mansion and Pirates? I'm wondering if there's anything to leave toward to end of the holiday in case they get freaked out and won't go on anything after?
Old 11 Jun 15, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I know kids are all different but my 3 yr old Grandson was fine on Haunted Mansion,he just waved at the ghosts,fine on Pirates,lol we thought he was fine on Dinosaur too but cried when he got off as he said it was scary. I'm a firm believer in them trying things to see how they feel. I think if you tell them it's all just pretend they'll be fine.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 15, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
I don't think Haunted Mansion and Pirates are very scary, as long as your kids don't mind the dark. The one ride which might be too intense is Dinosaur at AK. It was scary enough to frighten my niece and nephew the first time they rode it and they were both teenagers!

Debra
Old 11 Jun 15, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

Both of my boys at that age were petrified of the Haunted Mansion and had to be dragged on- I know, bad parents but once they'd been on they LOVED it. Was more the thought of the typical fairground haunted house that put them off I think. They both really enjoyed Pirates x
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 15, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

PS Ive heard Stitch is very intense and some children don't like Its Tough to be a bug as its in the dark and you think insects are near you. My 2 thought ITTBAB was hilarious! Everyone's different though x
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 15, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It's very difficult to say, my friends kids of about the same age as your 2, loved Pirates and Haunted Mansion, but then cried when they got wet on one of the water rides at Universal!
Old 11 Jun 15, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I found the Stitch's Great Escape at MK scary as a 29 year old... won't be going on that again!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 15, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill66
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulabelle18 View Post
PS Ive heard Stitch is very intense and some children don't like Its Tough to be a bug as its in the dark and you think insects are near you. My 2 thought ITTBAB was hilarious! Everyone's different though x
My daughter was 6 and the boys were 10 & 4 when we first took them to Florida, the first thing we saw was ITTBAB and she hated it and I had to take her out it did put her off and we had to explain what every ride or show was going to be like from then on so it may be a good idea to try anything you think they might be scared of until the end of your holiday
Gill66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 15, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
aajp
Very Serious Dibber

My 5 yr old son loved the dinosaur ride and laughed, but his older cousin of 7 screamed and cried the whole way through.
As already said they are all different with differing tolerance levels.
aajp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 15, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post

I was randomly scared of the animatronics in splash mountain when I was a kid! There's always the strange ones

It's a small world is pretty horrific as well!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread