Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Mar 16, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

They said they want to go by train because it would be too expensive to leave 2 cars in car park for 2 weeks thats why i suggest that me and bf could get a lift by my sister so the rest could fit in one car
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by judedolls View Post
Apparently they said they didnt mean it to say they way they said about the dog, they found someone to look after it now.
Our own car would be brilliant but boyfriend isnt 21 until november so he wouldnt be allowed to rent a car in states.

I told my bf that maybe i should just stay home and if he wants to go with his family im more than happy for him to go but he is saying im being silly and i have to come.
Maybe im over reacting
according to this he can... just put detail in fro august for 2 weeks aged 20 and got this

carrentalscout/car-rental...ityid=#results
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Oh, we looked through virgin and it says you must be atleast 21 to rent a car
Old 27 Mar 16, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Look at holiday extras "free if " offer, you may even be able to get parking for free - or even parking plus hotel free. So you can go in 2 cars. Would have thought train for 7 would be more than parking for 2 cars for a fortnight anyway ?
what car they looking at that seats 7 but only room for 3 suitcases ? Could you find an alternative car for same money but more case room ?

Edited at 04:07 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Trains are so much more expensive than parking whenever I have looked into it.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 16, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
honestly, I'd knock this on the head now - if it's causing this much grief months before the planned trip, I'd hate to think how it will be when you're actually there without an escape route.
Old 28 Mar 16, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlottesumx
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loobz View Post
honestly, I'd knock this on the head now - if it's causing this much grief months before the planned trip, I'd hate to think how it will be when you're actually there without an escape route.
I find myself agreeing with Loobz, but then maybe I'm older and more set in my ways than you.
December 1980 I-drive August 1987 Fort Wilderness July 2001 Paris Davy Crockett December 2008 Kissimee and Bahama Bay May 2008 Paris Santa Fe June 2011 Paris Campanile February 2016 Port Orleans Disney, Universal Cabana Bay
Charlottesumx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 16, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
kirmat
Apprentice Imagineer

This holiday does not bode well at all sadly. If it were me I think I would just stay put and save to go alone with the BF at a later date. They already have a dog sitter now so that isn't an issue anymore. Whatever you decide to do good luck. I think you are going to need it. :O)
kirmat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 16, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post

I think im gonna go and really hope this holiday will work out maybe im really just too much stressing. Im going to try to get along with the rules, after all its their first ever family holiday so dont want to ruin it by argueing. They were really nice today to me, showing me the deals they have found etc. just still not sure how i am going to pack everything with my bf in one suitcase! 😬😬 any of you got any tips? X

Edited at 02:01 AM.
Old 28 Mar 16, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
justjo
Imagineer

Sorry but do you have MUG written on your forehead!

Take your own cases and sort out your transfers.
You are grown adults who hacve to deal with other grown adults in a grown adult way, if you let these people walk over you now what is it going to be like while you are away? "Sorry we have all decided you cant eat today as we will be so busy we wont have time to stop for food" or "no we all cannont go on your favorite ride ever cos bobby jo doesnt like to get wet"

Ger a grip and start laying down your won rules. these maybe paying a good chunk of your holiday but that doesnt mean you have to be miserable on it

Disney All Star Movies 2005 Our Honeymoon
Mallorca in a Villa Jan 2006
Mallorca Hotel Barcelo Cala Vinas, Fantastic June 2008
Westhaven Villa Christmas 2009 Just Fantastic
Mallorca All Inclusive for 6, July 2010
10 of us went to Florida July/Aug 2010
Mallorca All Inclusive here August 2013
justjo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread