Notices

Old 30 Jun 16, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Lets Try This... Live Food Report June/July 2016 - Day 6

After a relatively late night last night we had abit of a lie on this morning. We got up around 9.30 and had a cup of coffee in the room using the coffee maker and the joffreys provided. We got ready and headed to Hollywood studios arriving about 11am.

After riding toy story mania we headed to starring rolls for lunch. DH had the ham sandwich, this is ham, rocket and mustard in focaccia bread and was really good. These sandwiches are huge.

I had the turkey sandwich, this is turkey, lettuce, mozzarella and a dressing of some sort, also on focaccia bread. We shared with DD as with dessert we find there's plenty of food to go round the 3 of us. I actually preferred DHs ham sandwich and had abit of food env, mine was good but the mustard in the ham sandwich just finished it off really nice.

For dessert DH had the apple turnover, he really enjoyed his and finished it off no problem.

DD and I shared the darth Vader chocolate peanut butter cupcake. This was really tasty but I was disappointed they had changed the old chocolate peanut butter cupcake as they were so much bigger and the filling was nicer, it was more of a ganache whereas this was more of a mousse. It was still pretty good though.

This should have come to $38 but we used 2 quick service credits. We stayed at hollywood studios for a few hours before heading back to Coronado springs for a couple of hours before our reservation at ohana tonight, it's one of our favourites which we do every year so fingers crossed its as good as ever! Bring on the pot stickers.

We headed out to the magic kingdom car park at 4 and walked over to the Polynesian for our dinner at ohana. We arrived at 4.30 and were seated about 5 minutes later, our server came over and we ordered two tropical mccaw cocktails. These are really good and very easy to drink, they have a lovely melon flavour.

We started with the welcome bread which has a subtle pineapple taste to it which came with a fluffy salted butter.

Then the salad came, this was ok but not as good as the salad here used to be. There's so many beans and such in it but it was nice enough to and very fresh, the crispy pieces on top were a nice touch.

They brought out our 2 sauces, these were sweet and sour and peanut. I absolutely love the peanut one and put it on everything!

We were then brought a plate of potstickers (pork dumplings) and chicken wings. The potstickers are my favourite, i could eat an entire plate of these. They go so well with the peanut sauce.

The noodles and vegetables came shortly after but i didn't try any of these.

Then came the meat, the steak was cooked perfectly, it was so juicy and tender. I can be quite fussy with meat and won't eat any fat but these was none on any of this.

Then came the sweet and sour chicken, this was lovely too but not as good as the steak.

Next up was the best part of the meal, the bread pudding with banana fosters sauce serves a la mode. This is so good! My favourite dessert at Disney. The bread pudding is soft and spongy in the middle with hard edges and the banana caramel sauce and ice cream go so well with it and taste amazing.

This should have come to $121.50 including our 2 cocktails. We paid for them and used 2 adult and 1 child credit for the meal. We then headed to magic kingdom for the evening. We got so much done with the fastpass system allowing us to pick extra fastpasses on our phone.

We stayed for wishes and just before it started a grabbed us a bottle of blue Powerade and 3 cake pops from Starbucks on Main Street. These were really good and 3 of them were a snack credit so great value.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 16, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Love your report
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Disney sandwiches are pretty amazing. The tuna crunch are really good too.😉
Old 1 Jul 16, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

mmmmmmm lovely looking sandwiches.
Old 1 Jul 16, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
That cupcake looks amazing!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 1 Jul 16 3:13 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Great report.
Old 2 Jul 16, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Some nice looking food glad you had a good day

Joan
Old 2 Jul 16, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
That looks like a great selection of food. Always makes we wonder why we have never stayed on site!
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Mmmmm potstickers... yum
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List