Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jul 16, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

BB and CC creams with spf are a lifesaver! The best ones I've found are Maybelline BB in the Dream range (blue tube I think) and Bronze range (bronze tube), I mix them together. They're only £5 here and even cheaper in Walmart! I also keep a damp beauty blender on hand during the day. I don't tend to use powder until the evening when I want to contour. I've got dry to normal skin though.

If you can spend a little more, the Clinique CC and the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser are amazing!

Try getting eyelash extensions if you're worried about mascara...its the best thing I ever did
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 16, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Bodyshop BB cream
Old 19 Jul 16, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post

I love Mehron skin prep pro, it's £12 from Amazon. It's a liquid primer for use on stage to keep make up on under hot lights. It keeps everything in place all day in humid weather and stops your face from sweating. I usually Just wear concealer, no7 mineral powder foundation and waterproof mascara. I then carry Peter Thomas Roth mineral powder which comes in a tube with a twist up brush, you can pop it in your bag and re-apply during the day, its translucent and spf 45.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 16, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I wear bare minerals powder foundation and use a primer. I have had it on today and it lasted well. I also wear a waterproof mascara

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 16, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
justjo
Imagineer

I dont bother at all, the way i see it is im on holiday and take a break from make up and hair doing, everyone looks the same sweaty anyay.

TBH i look at women with full faces of make up and think they look so uncomfortable and worry about it something has smudged or is melting off.

Just think of the time putting make up on is less time in the parks.

Disney All Star Movies 2005 Our Honeymoon
Mallorca in a Villa Jan 2006
Mallorca Hotel Barcelo Cala Vinas, Fantastic June 2008
Westhaven Villa Christmas 2009 Just Fantastic
Mallorca All Inclusive for 6, July 2010
10 of us went to Florida July/Aug 2010
Mallorca All Inclusive here August 2013
justjo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 16, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by justjo View Post
I dont bother at all, the way i see it is im on holiday and take a break from make up and hair doing, everyone looks the same sweaty anyay.

TBH i look at women with full faces of make up and think they look so uncomfortable and worry about it something has smudged or is melting off.

Years and years ago we were on the Congo River Rapids with a woman that was absolutely plastered in makeup, think Tammy Fae Baker. Round we go, she's sitting in the seat that went right under the waterfall, que the makeup washing off her face and onto her shirt, never seen anybody that angry in a while.
Old 19 Jul 16, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by justjo View Post

I can't imagine wearing a full face, like liquid foundation, eyeshadow etc.. It's uncomfortable enough wearing all that in work all day! But I really would scare people if I turned up with no make up lol! I have a burn scar and some purple marks on my face. I just need enough to even out the colour, protect the damaged skin and not look like freddy Krueger
Old 19 Jul 16, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinmac1
Apprentice Imagineer

I was also going to mention Mehron Skin Prep Pro which I first heard of on here about a month ago and now use it every day. It really helps my very oily skin to stay matte for a long while. I haven't tested it in the Florida sun yet but I'm sure it will help at least. I'm interested in the Peter Roth product you mentioned, spiya, can you tell me wher you get it from as it seems quite expensive? Also, I've seen some reviews saying it's quite messy?
Pinmac1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 16, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Kinggie
Very Serious Dibber

I wear a bb cream and waterproof mascara, nothing else will last in this heat. Also Shellac nails before going xx
Kinggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 16, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm reading this with great interest as I have horrible adult acne and wear liquid foundation every day. I look awful without it and am worried about how my make up will fair in Florida. I really wish I could ditch it - oh for nice skin!
Closed Thread