Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Apr 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
We had a delivery from DPD last week and the driver took a photo of the parcel on our door step as proof of delivery as they are not taking signatures at the moment. Hopefully Hermes are doing the same and it’s easy to see if they have delivered it to the wrong address.
Our Hermes driver did the same
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Hermes are a nightmare, so much so, I won't buy from anywhere online that use them as a courier
John is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve got a parcel due to come from Hermes - wasn’t impressed as I had a nightmare with them before. It’s an Asda delivery so assumed it would be Asda delivering - obviously not. Last week I had an iron and ironing board delivered from Asda - presumably this was also Hermes. We weren’t in and the parcels were just left at my front door - no card through the door or anything - when we were on our daily walk. I saw the ironing board the minute I walked around the corner so was very lucky it wasn’t pinched! Today I am expecting 2 duvets, pillows and bedding - so that’s going to be a nice pile at my front door! Better keep my eyes open.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Had the same yesterday got an email to say parcel had been delivered and signed for! It hadn't and had been out in the garden when they said it had been delivered, had an amazon parcel delivered though. Can't contact Hermes so had to raise a dispute with Disney, who are looking into it
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Hermes are a nightmare, I've had to deliver and collect a item from another person too.

We're emailed with a 1pm to 3pm slot on Saturday. Taking no chances, I camped out the front. Filmed myself with the time etc. Then spent 40mins gardening, followed by garden chair and a book. Van shot past house to end of the cul de sac where the driver got out with the parcel. I stood at end of drive until he saw me. Got back in van, stopped and gave me parcel though window once I'd said our surname etc. No signature required despite high value item. The delivery email arrived shortly after. Was mightily relieved!

One interesting thing though, was yesterday a neighbour on our what's app group asked if we'd got their parcel as it had been delivered but not to them. On investigating further, their parcel was signed for in Birmingham, we're in Devon! Our neighbour was told he'd been given the wrong tracking number... How does work? Bizarre!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

looks like I'm in the minority as my Hermes man / family is brilliant! He's been delivering here for quite a few years and on the the rare occasion we're not in, he'll leave his mobile number on the card and we just phone him up and he will re deliver - many times he's brought it back later the same day if he was doing the school run or on his evening job delivering for a local take away. He get's his daughter to help at weekends and school holidays and he also has another round that his adult daughter and her partner do.
He's always so polite but friendly too, so I always buy him a little something at Christmas as I appreciate how hard he works
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Had exactly the same this week. Parcel "delivered" by Hermes on Tuesday, but it wasn't. We also have CCTV. It wasn't small either, it was a massive cantilever garden parasol!

Couldn't even get hold of them. Tried to get Groupon to refund it (it was bought from them) but they said I could only have a credit note as they are trying to "protect their suppliers due to coronavirus". I wasn't taking that, so they had to pass it onto their payment department to see if I will be allowed a refund. I've done a Section 75 claim from Amex in the meantime. Won't be using Groupon again.
Old 17 Apr 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
looks like I'm in the minority as my Hermes man / family is brilliant! He's been delivering here for quite a few years and on the the rare occasion we're not in, he'll leave his mobile number on the card and we just phone him up and he will re deliver - many times he's brought it back later the same day if he was doing the school run or on his evening job delivering for a local take away. He get's his daughter to help at weekends and school holidays and he also has another round that his adult daughter and her partner do.
He's always so polite but friendly too, so I always buy him a little something at Christmas as I appreciate how hard he works
Ours is also great so is our Yodel ,DPD and DHL guys, we have loads of deliveries due to DH job we must be lucky
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I had Hermes supposedly deliver something to my office. When I asked to see a signature it was a straight line. A bit of detective work with security showed they turned up AFTER it was supposedly signed for. We had a lot of Hermes deliveries go missing for a while.
Old 17 Apr 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Worrying that so many people have had trouble with Hermes. I’ve still heard nothing which I think is shocking customer service to not even acknowledge me, even if they don’t know what’s happened yet. In the meantime I’ve contacted Dunelm, let’s hope somebody does something!
disney1st timer is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List