Notices

View Poll Results: Long hair on women over 45?
No-long hair is ageing 30 19.35%
Yes-long hair is ok 125 80.65%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 May 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post

I haven’t voted as I am not sure what is defined as long. My hair is usually about shoulder length, but at the moment it is a bit longer, about the length of Claire’s hair in third picture and I might keep it about this length in future. I have never had a short haircut, I find it too hard to manage.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya Ras, I'm 63 years young, currently have very long hair due to hairdresser friend, Eileen, safely shielding.

Do what pleases you hin, Eileen gives me a 'off the shoulder' bob afore Nov departure and upon May return, I take care of my own fringe inbetween my two cuts a year. Currently it's halfway down my back, and whilst I'm a brunette it does have a silver tinge (howay man Chris, grey, it's flippin' grey!) that Eileen advises people pay for, really? It's convenient for me to keep it long whilst wintering in Fl, I throw it into a pony-tale and shove it under a Liz Claiborne sun hat I found new/unworn in a charity shop in 2010 for $1 (ohh, does this make me a designer name dropping tart per other Dibbers? ), still holds my hair in place whilst in the pool. I'm not struck by local hairdressers in Fl, hence why I've been cutting hubs hair for years.

PS, Ras, how's that gorgeous boy Ted doing?
I love Liz Claireborne clothes, I always look in Goodwill stores for her sportswear clothes. Have some brilliant golf wear shorts and capris as well as tops and t-shirts.
Sorry of track again, have never had long hair but I would do as I wanted regardless of age!
Old 18 May 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
I love Liz Claireborne clothes, I always look in Goodwill stores for her sportswear clothes. Have some brilliant golf wear shorts and capris as well as tops and t-shirts.
Sorry of track again, have never had long hair but I would do as I wanted regardless of age!
Liz's $1 bucket sun-hat is excellent quality, worn in the pool 178 days a year for 10 years, still going strong, whilst slightly sun faded it's red colour is still strong. If somebody's looking for me at the pool they look for Liz's hat Granny, I find some great stuff in charity shops, $20 for a new/unused handbag, bought as I liked the canvas/suede strap, researched it, Dooney & Bourke Florentine Toscana small saddle bag, introduced 2016, cost $398... $398 for a bloody handbag, madness

Always had long hair until chemo in 2000, then kept it very short and spikey for 9 years until growing long again. Long's easier whilst Fl wintering, altho a friend found a good island hairdresser if I change my mind.
Old 18 May 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

My. Grandmother my mum and now my older sister (66) had have the most beautiful head of curly long hair all 3 by 55 a beautiful shade of grey my sister at 66 still had long hair in today's face time in an amazing French knot but she doesn't even putbthe binoutbinthe dark fully loded me I have never had long hair mine grows sideways as thin as 5 denier stockings fine but loads and loads of it
So it short short SIl has the most amazing curly hair her Afro Craibean
Roots all have long hair right now they have it looking great
Me short short hair the only way to go think Doc Brown Cousin It and a yeti
I ain't going nowhere till I can get it cut
I getbit cut every 4weeks cause I'm sheilding it's going to be 16 pus weeks
Anybody got a big paper bag or box I can borrow
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

I’m 47 next month and have what I would consider long hair. Maybe I’ve got the wrong attitude but it’s my hair so I’ll do what I want with it and if anyone isn’t happy then they don’t need to look at me .

I tie it up a lot on holiday but love wearing it down or nicely styled for a night out (distant memory).

This if was taken when I got my hair coloured last (before and after shot) That was a mistake but I live and learn .

cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

No matter what age you are, it's your hair, so do as you flipping well please. No-one else's opinion matters a jot.
dizzy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

ChrisS yours at least grows downwards mine think Michael Jackson at 17
It's poker straight thin but grows out heck the dogs look better than me right now
Can a bad hair day count for exemption for Jury Duty I've no,exptionions left now
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
My Grandmother, my mum and now my older sister (66) had/have the most beautiful head of curly long hair, all 3 by 55 a beautiful shade of grey, my sister at 66 still had long hair. In today's Facetime in an amazing French knot, but she doesn't even put the bin out in the dark fully loaded, me, I have never had long hair, mine grows sideways, as thin as 5 denier stockings, fine but loads and loads of it. So it short short.
SIL has the most amazing curly hair. her Afro Craibean Roots all have long hair, right now they have it looking great.
Me short short hair the only way to go, think Doc Brown, Cousin It and a yeti.
I ain't going nowhere till I can get it cut.
I get it cut every 4weeks cause I'm shielding, it's going to be 16 plus weeks.
Anybody got a big paper bag or box I can borrow
This is why my long hair suits/works just fine Helen, I only give it a few mins all over blow-dry, no styling, brush and it's done, hence why it's easier when in Fl to put it in a pony-tail and forget it. I shower at the pool and oft can't be chowed to dry it when I get home (lazy mare) especially if I have my sights set on making home made iced coffee Once Eileen is back at work I'll have a good 8 to 10" cut off, that's how fast it grows.
Old 19 May 20, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
I’m 47 next month and have what I would consider long hair. Maybe I’ve got the wrong attitude but it’s my hair so I’ll do what I want with it and if anyone isn’t happy then they don’t need to look at me .

I tie it up a lot on holiday but love wearing it down or nicely styled for a night out (distant memory).

This if was taken when I got my hair coloured last (before and after shot) That was a mistake but I live and learn .

I like that colour - your hair looked canny
Old 19 May 20, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

ChrisS
Now imrock a hat in Florida on the days I've got out the pool need to go to Whin Dixie for grocerys chuck Ian put at the golf but nobody bats an eye at my bought in Sheplers cowboy store
Unless I'm up to my eyes in muck soaked right through and the useless hunter wellies ( they are the coldest wellies ever ) and a Barbour coat etc
I can't and won't give a dam warm feet and a hat win hands down
( can you guess it's freezing here dogs are soaking stinking and I e 4 more weeks before I can even get out the garden gate. )