Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 2 Jun 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Adultdisneyfan View Post
It isn’t the same thing. The dining plan was a free add on, all inclusive you pay extra for. If all inc was withdrawn you would get a reduction as you’ve paid for it.

The DP is a free extra - can be withdrawn at any time. You can cancel without penalty but that’s all they have to offer.

There will be a discount but anyone thinking it will be equiv of full DP price will be disappointed I fear.

Good luck to all
I think the point is more that people will not have budgeted for food costs as they were “paying” for them upfront. Many of us have now been left trying to find extra money, which for bigger groups may run into a couple of thousand pounds, with very little time to prepare.
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Dragon1
Dancing with Tink'

I have a party of 9, including taking our grandson for the first time, We budgeted accordingly but this could cost us thousands ! I did not sign up for this as did so manyothers looking at these forums. Would have either gone off site or to a Basic if not on dining plan, There again we could cancel and hopefully get a refund.
Dragon1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Offsite if no dining plan, no brainer, better accommodation, flexible.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
Offsite if no dining plan, no brainer, better accommodation, flexible.
Many people like me book with no travel options but Disney busses and Uber. To eat offsite and pay or eat onsite and pay will cost a lot more than the holiday I paid for! How many people booking with free DDP would do without it being free? I certainly wouldn’t
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post

If you don’t get free dining, maybe you could cut your vacation shorter and use that money for your food?
(I’m American and obviously have no idea what I’m talking about with regard to the issues you have in planning. My family only used the dining plan once and we really didn’t want that much food.)
I sincerely hope you all get your free dining back!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by muffa2308 View Post
Many people like me book with no travel options but Disney busses and Uber. To eat offsite and pay or eat onsite and pay will cost a lot more than the holiday I paid for! How many people booking with free DDP would do without it being free? I certainly wouldn’t
Me being one of them. I go solo and can't drive so staying on site is a no brainer for me. I'm now going to Universal instead, booked it a couple of days ago. Switching from 7 nights at POFQ to 7 nights at Sapphire Falls. It's nearly £700 cheaper which will cover my food and a couple of poolside cocktails!
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Ok it’s disappointing (we are booked for October) but honestly you can get better food cheaper offsite. I know the perks of being onsite are great and we love it but see it as an opportunity to try different things if you can’t get the deal you want. Personally I don’t think anyone will get the experience they want in 2020 anyway.
We cannot easily access offsite places though, as we do not drive in US.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Kaspian
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Me being one of them. I go solo and can't drive so staying on site is a no brainer for me. I'm now going to Universal instead, booked it a couple of days ago. Switching from 7 nights at POFQ to 7 nights at Sapphire Falls. It's nearly £700 cheaper which will cover my food and a couple of poolside cocktails!
The only reason I go to Florida is to be in the Disney bubble. I arrive at MCO, get the Magical Express to the resort and then I don't leave Disney until the Magical Express takes me back to the airport 2 weeks later.

For people like me, there is no "staying at Universal" or "offsite" because if Disney isnt an option, I just won't go, and I'll save it for the next year.

For people like me, free DDP and the $200 voucher are why we go and we wait to book it every year or two at that time.

Let's hope things will be back in place for 2021
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kaspian View Post
The only reason I go to Florida is to be in the Disney bubble. I arrive at MCO, get the Magical Express to the resort and then I don't leave Disney until the Magical Express takes me back to the airport 2 weeks later.

For people like me, there is no "staying at Universal" or "offsite" because if Disney isnt an option, I just won't go, and I'll save it for the next year.

For people like me, free DDP and the $200 voucher are why we go and we wait to book it every year or two at that time.

Let's hope things will be back in place for 2021
I went to WDW last year and the year before, both trips were amazing and I'm disappointed I won't get that experience this year. Two weeks ago I'd have said Universal wasn't an option for me either. If I hadn't booked flights I'd have cancelled altogether. However I'm treating myself to premium economy going out and business class coming back so rather than losing all that money I've decided to go to Universal. Transportation from the airport is being arranged by the company I've booked the trip with. So rather than being down in the dumps about not having the holiday I booked I'm now looking forward to new experiences. Health permitting I'm returning to WDW in 2022 when things will hopefully more normal. For people like me who have health issues that could land them in hospital and kill them life is too short to waste.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just to put people's minds at rest about eating offsite, you can easily Uber/Lyft, pay for your meal & still be less than the cost of a TS Disney meal. If you don't mind a short 20/25 min walk, then bus to Disney Springs & walk to LBV. What FD did do is "allow" guests to eat onsite without looking at the costs but this has also allowed Disney to get away with a few things eg Kona Cafe, how many people will pay $45-$50 for a steak & I do mean a steak, as it's the only thing on the plate unless you pay for sides! For $45 we got a takeout Olive Garden that was BOGOF mains & fed us 2 days.
No FD will mean we either downgrade our Hotel or move offsite but in both instances we will eat most if not all our sit down meals offsite & will eat CS meals in the parks.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List