Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
And the old folks are coming again! – Day 9

Day Nine - Friday 16th October

This is to be a very short, pictureless report as today was not very exciting! Due to the late night it was a later start this morning, not getting up until 9.45am and finally I seem to be rid of the evil cold – I’m sure the heat and humidity made it worse and made it last longer.

As predicted the weather was much cooler today but rain and storms were forecast from mid morning onwards and as they are usually spot on with weather predictions we decided to head to Florida Mall as it was undercover and I needed to go to a specific shop here for some bits for a friend. First stop though was for some breakfast and this morning’s choice was Cracker Barrel. A pleasant breakfast was had followed by a browse in the shop where I was disappointed not to find some ‘Helen’s Cobbler Mix’ that we had had previously and was lovely (only bought it because it’s my name ).

It was very busy at Florida Mall – presume everyone had heard the weather reports and had the same ideas. Everything required for said friend was purchased along with a couple of other bits and we headed outside expecting it to be very wet but it wasn’t! Not a drop of rain had fallen from the sky while we had been inside. How unusual that the weather predictions were wrong!

On the way into FM we had spotted a Coldstone Creamery and had told DF & DM all about how they mix them on the ‘cold marble’ so we decided to call there for a snack. DM & I shared the Coffee Lovers Waffle Bowl and it was gorgeous. DF had some sort of milkshake and DH had a huge ice cream but have note made a note of what it was. DM & DF were suitably impressed!

DF had been after a new watch – some new fangled special thing and had been looking on all our trips to malls but not yet made a decision. After FM he had decided that he liked the one in the first shop at LBV Factory Outlets so we headed back there so he could get it! Don’t ever tell me it’s only women that do this

We decided to grab some dinner on the way back to the house and ended up at Chili’s at Four Corners on the US27 – we did try Logan’s Steakhouse at Rolling Oak Commons but the wait was too long. DM & DF hadn’t enjoyed Chili’s last year but think that was a lot to do with the noisy big group that were sat near us which also meant the service was not what we were used to (Chili’s is a favourite of ours on each trip) and so were prepared to give it a go. It ended up being a great decision as they both really enjoyed it and again DM found a good place for hot tea! During our meal we had seen there was a balloon maker heading round the tables and DM wanted one but he never came to us (presume it was because we had no children with us). Just before we left DH got his attention and DM said “I don’t suppose you can do a seahorse” (she is slightly obsessed) and his reply was “which colour” (or color as we are in the US). She chose a blue one and was one happy lady when it was done (small things and all that!)

Got back to the house around 8.45pm and headed to the Spa for a chill out before bed.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List