Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Apr 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
TravelaruaL
Getting Excited

Best moderate since refurbs?

Hi everyone!
We are considering our first onsite stay in 2021(maybe 2022 depending on the situation) and I was wondering what people think is the best moderate resort now that the CBR and CSR rerefurbs are done - including the skyliner.
We are a childless couple who like good theming and good access to parks but welcome anyone's opinion on all four resorts!
Deluxe is out of budget as we want to do a universal stay etc too

Edited at 09:12 AM.
TravelaruaL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Following! We are exactly the same and really like the idea of the skyliner! Don’t really know much about CBR tho!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I've not stayed at either but visited both. It's a really personal thing as each resorts have different benefits.

CSR - Very modern rooms, lots of dining and drinking options (the most out of any resort) the Three Bridges Bar is a lovely place to relax, brand new hotel tower with new dining options including Toledo and a cool rooftop bar next to it with views of HS etc, you only have buses as a transportation option.

CBR - Rooms have been updated and are very nice but not as modern IMO, it's on the Skyliner which is a major win if you wanted an alternative transportation option to the buses, Banana Cabana is a new outside bar thats open, decent food and drinks which we really liked, Riviera resort is walking distance so you can check out other dining options easily if you feel like a change or you have DS on your doorstep which is handy for popping out in the evenings and not having to travel too far.

I think I would choose CBR if given the choice. It definitely felt more "Disney" to me than CSR as that had a less fun feel about it and more corporate.
Old 27 Apr 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
TravelaruaL
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks for the information that's really helpful! I like that CBR has a 'disney' feel.
I'm also interested in hearing about the Port Orleans resorts in comparison as I know these are popular too.
TravelaruaL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TravelaruaL View Post
Thanks for the information that's really helpful! I like that CBR has a 'disney' feel.
I'm also interested in hearing about the Port Orleans resorts in comparison as I know these are popular too.
No problem at all!

POR & POFQ are both lovely resorts too. Again, completely different theming despite them being sister resorts. POFQ is much more intimate and easier to walk around due to its size, POR is huge but is divided into 2 sections (Alligator Bayou & Magnolia Bend which are completely different)

Is there anything in particular you would like to know about these resorts?
Old 27 Apr 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
TravelaruaL
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Is there anything in particular you would like to know about these resorts?
Not really, just what is your personal preference? I've heard POFQ pool is good for kids but that doesn't matter to us!
Old 27 Apr 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TravelaruaL View Post
Not really, just what is your personal preference? I've heard POFQ pool is good for kids but that doesn't matter to us!
Hmmm, its a tough one. I love the theming at them both to be honest. They both have the nice relaxing boat ride to DS. I really like the swampy feel of Alligator Bayou at POR, plus POR has better QS options, much more choice. It also has quite a cool pool bar (Muddy Rivers). The pool area looks nicer IMO as it's enclosed by trees, POFQ is very open. POR also has Boatwrights restaurant (TS) POFQ only has QS options but they do have Beinets there. You can easily walk between the resorts though so if you wanted something different or to use different pools you can always do that. Something else to consider is the bus route. POFQ only has one stop, POR has various stops around the resort so depending what area you're in you could be on the bus for a while before leaving the resort as you'll have to collect other guests. Same for drop off.
Old 27 Apr 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmymouse
Proud to wear my Ears

We're booked to CSR in September, but wanted to chime in as POFQ is my absolute favourite Disney resort. It's beautiful and I love the size of it - no big treks to the lobby/restaurant, but you've also got Riverside in walking distance, and the walk is absolutely beautiful. If I hadn't agreed with my husband to try some other resorts I'd never stay anywhere else!
WDW/Coronado Springs - 24th September 2020 - 1st October 2020.
Emmymouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
TravelaruaL
Getting Excited

Mobile

Out of the two I was initially leaning towards riverside but both comments have definitely given me something to think about! All the resorts look beautiful, I will have to watch some YouTube tours I think but so excited to plan as we've only stayed off site before!
Old 27 Apr 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve stayed at all the moderates apart from CBR, which we’ve visited several times but it’s never appealed for some reason, despite now having the Skyliner. I think CSR has more of an adult feel about it, and there’s a gym which the other moderates don’t have. The bus journeys to the other parks don’t seem to take as long as from other resorts either, and the rooms are really well appointed. POR has lovely grounds and a good food court, and FQ has the benefit of a single bus stop rather than four around the edge of the others. We like the little streets and town appearance but visually I don’t think it’s quite as attractive as other resorts. I’ve heard guests refer to it as social housing! Unless recently changed, the noisy and bulky air conditioners in the rooms tend to put us off a bit - CSR’s is much better. I think Mousesteps.com has some ‘walk round the resorts’ videos which would give you a good idea of them all. Tough decisions!
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List