Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 May 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cartwheel
Proud to wear my Ears

That's great news! I've received a letter from Amex this morning confirming they have credited my account with a standard clause saying " please keep in mind if the merchant does send us documentation to support the charge at a later date, we may reverse the credit applied to your account". I'd be very interested to see what documentation Virgin could supply to be sufficient enough to keep my money, so not worrying about that just yet!
cartwheel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by traceylou1972 View Post
I’ve received a letter from Amex today saying that if Virgin supply documentation to support their charge at a later date they may reverse the credit applied to my account.
And what documentation will Virgin produce to show they haven’t broken the law by not refunding within the regulatory periods? The only thing they can produce is proof of payment- they can’t! So I wouldn’t worry too much.
Old 22 May 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweeney_Todd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sweeney_Todd View Post
As it happens, I have just logged on to see if I could now attach docs or at least send them a message. I checked the dispute section and saw that my raised dispute was now closed with the following message:

As a result of our investigation, we have credited your account. This adjustment can be found on your next statement.

If that is so then that is fantastic service! My statements are generated about the 28th so should know then
I have just checked online and the money is back on my card. Result!
Absolutely fantastic service from Amex.

Thanks again to Cartwheel for starting this thread and to YorkshireT for all the posted advice.

"Right love, shut up and listen - an ADR for two at Crystal Palace, name of Regan. Got it?"

40?...Face?...Bovvered? ...-...Our Feb 2008 Trippies
Sweeney_Todd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

looks great guys just wish I'd booked my cruise with my card but my TA was bank transfer only. no wonder huh

I've had amex since 2005 great card. Here in Belgium you have 90 days returns upto 300€ so if you don't want it and the shop won't take it back then you can hand it into their office and they'll credit to you.

Old 27 May 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

We raised a claim with Amex on the 29th of April. Flights from Netflights and hotel with VH.

The money was put directly back onto our card but we have been told we can't touch it in case the companies dispute it