Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jun 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Neighbours children - positive

We have lovely neighbours whose children are a credit to them, they always shout thank you when we throw their balls back (and never ever ask for them, they patiently wait for a return).
I would guess at their ages as 9, 6 and 3.
Today for the first time, they have a friend around who has brought her 2 young children with her, they are outside in the garden.

It was so lovely to hear one child say to the little girl (the middle one) “I’ve missed you so much” with a lot of joy in her voice - it brought a tear to my eye.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of them seeing each other and getting close, it was so nice to hear.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS

Edited at 12:37 PM.
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That’s lovely. I think it certainly puts everything into perspective and has taught us what really matters
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
we have lovely neighbours, just before the shutdown I had taught Matilda age 7 how to knit, yesterday I was chatting to her over the fence, I was asking about her school work etc, I then asked how she was getting on with her knitting and she said she can't do it, I corrected her with 'do you mean you can't do it YET? and never mind as soon as mummy says you can come into my house we can start over again' she said 'no, I'm not allowed to knit, as the wool and needles came from your house and didn't I know that there is a nasty virus so she isn't allowed to touch the knitting from my house' her mother had just come out of the back door and we both fell about laughing.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've just had my dd friend and her Mum over for lunch in our garden,first time they've seen each other since before lockdown. We set up areas in garden for them to play and had afternoon teas delivered for us all. The girls are 9 and were great with social distancing, was very emotional seeing them adapting to playing together yet apart. Was a lovely afternoon and really cheered my dd up. 😍
Old 2 Jun 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
That’s lovely. I think it certainly puts everything into perspective and has taught us what really matters

Not Flights, not Hotels, not Disney, not Florida...

People.

Disney332