Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Dec 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
She must have wondered why you were taking a snap of her left arm, or was your camera inside a bow tie?
I still have some covert filming equipment from my days as an MI5 secret agent (Just call me 008).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I’ve noticed too and made me wonder why they weren’t always spotlessly clean - they are handling food items after all. It’s a known fact that cash is filthy so better practices should have always been in place. Hopefully it will continue and standards won’t be allowed to slip back
I hope they don’t go back to having bread and cakes uncovered in shops for us to help ourselves. I always thought that was unhygienic.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I hope they don’t go back to having bread and cakes uncovered in shops for us to help ourselves. I always thought that was unhygienic.
Yes, and the help yourself fill-a-container salad bars too
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Sandra is the only person i know of that uses the term. And I’m from London too. Although the posher East end!
We prefer the more polite “please go away”. Or something very similar!
Or in Scotland you may be told to go away and boil yer heid.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

That’s shocking we would be sacked for doing that. We are given bottles of water. If I have a sip of my water I gel my hands before and after .. Get thirsty scanning all the alcohol that’s coming through my checkout 😃
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Ive tried very hard to follow all the rules that supermarkets have in place, especially being health vulnerable. Sorry, but I would have reported this incident.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I always remember seeing a woman pick up a roll, squeeze it, snuff it and put it back.i have never bought an unwrapped roll since. I used to really like buying picknmix rolls too.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I say bog off because saying eff off isn’t allowed on the dibb!
My dh calls people r soles in the car and I sing a song about r soles which is very rude!
Old 13 Dec 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

I don’t understand tesco at the moment, they have all their store baked bread in sealed wrappers, except for the long french bread, where the bag comes 3/4 way up, but leaves the remaining bread open to all germs hanging around and also peoples hands, when they are picking which one they want.
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nannad View Post
I don’t understand tesco at the moment, they have all their store baked bread in sealed wrappers, except for the long french bread, where the bag comes 3/4 way up, but leaves the remaining bread open to all germs hanging around and also peoples hands, when they are picking which one they want.
I won’t buy it, my imagination runs wild. Also, I can’t stand seeing people, including checkout operators, licking their fingers to open bags. I just won’t have them
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List