Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 17 Jul 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Me too - it could be genetic!

There is a variant of a gene that makes coriander taste like a soap with a metallic edge to it to some people. I am one of them.
Me too tastes just like soap, vile stuff. My stepmum smothers everything in the stuff 🤢
Old 17 Jul 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
T
(I am a bit of a germophile so like fresh food form kitchen to my plate.
I think you meant germophobe
Old 17 Jul 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Mac and cheese - just don't see the love for it - it's just pasta with cheese sauce.
Cauliflower cheese - the sauce just overwhelms the taste of the cauliflower, and as for brocooli cheese - words fail me!
Old 18 Jul 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by returnplanning View Post
Mac and cheese - just don't see the love for it - it's just pasta with cheese sauce.
Cauliflower cheese - the sauce just overwhelms the taste of the cauliflower, and as for brocooli cheese - words fail me!
Cauliflower and broccoli cheese is food from the Gods, but it has to be a homemade cheese sauce and with bacon!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
jacqui
VIP Dibber

Pineapple on a Pizza, just wrong! Oh and coleslaw just makes me gag. Both favourites of my dd.
Old 18 Jul 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Sugar, Dextrose, Stabilizers (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Karaya Gum, Pectin), Coconut Oil, Contains 2% Or Less Of Each Of The Following: Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavor (contains Pineapple Juice Powder), Modified Food Starch, Malic Acid, Beta Carotene (Color), Mono & Diglycerides, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking).

what's not to like...
I’m a fan, but actually having read that...
Ultra processed crap!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Sugar, Dextrose, Stabilizers (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Karaya Gum, Pectin), Coconut Oil, Contains 2% Or Less Of Each Of The Following: Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavor (contains Pineapple Juice Powder), Modified Food Starch, Malic Acid, Beta Carotene (Color), Mono & Diglycerides, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking).

what's not to like...
Sounds like most of the ingredients in my gluten free food! 😂
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
P.Sherman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
coleslaw & pototo salad -actually anything with mayo/salad cream

really really spicy/hot foods- whats the point of eating something that burns your mouth so much you can't actually taste it?

salad -I'm not a fan any combo of veg/fruit or other random items mixed together and def not with some kind of sauce/drizzle on top.

tripe /offal/ black pudding

prawn cocktail or other fish based starters that are popular for parties/xmas

caviar oysters eel mussels winkles you get the idea
Totally agree with all of the above, would also add specifically cucumber - cannot bare the smell even in skincare products eww!
Also any kind of mixed meat situation like a mixed grill - just gross.
I'm a big pizza fan ( no toppings just cheese/sauce) and don't mind an occasional Nandos
I'm a very fussy eater - can you tell!?

dreaming of my happy place
P.Sherman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Oysters Shush or caviar just gross
But I like be every other kind of shell fish just fish in general I'd eat it
Before meat
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Avocado,I think it tastes gross and I don’t see why it’s so popular. Definitely not a fan of McDonald’s either, nothing on their menu tastes exciting or fills you.

DH doesn’t get pizza, he eats it if we have one, but says it’s just overpriced cheese on bread.

Visited Nando’s once, tasted nice but can’t understand the fuss about it
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List