Old 27 Aug 20, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Reetser View Post
A lie in! I thought that was only for others

A nice mix today! A slow start around the pool enjoy some sun rays and then classic theme park touring! In - ride the classics -out!

Oh and a stop in Baseline! I know we both struggle with it not being writers stop anymore but I have to say Baseline has now really won me over, not sure what that could be

Looked a great night in Raglan Road also! Not eaten in here for a good few visits now as so much else catches the eye these days in Springs but we might have to venture in for food again one day!

Thanks for sharing!

We have made the mistake before of staying onsite and not making use of the beautiful facilities - we were determined not to allow that to happen here!
We planned in pool time rather than park openings( occasionally!) and to be honest I think you would always say you could make better use of any onsite hotel - you always want to be in the park!

We have more Baseline moments ahead Will always love The Writers Stop, it sold the most amazing books and was a lovely stop off for a morning coffee - Baseline just makes more sense for a whole day in The Studios - some lovely independent brews in there too

IKWYM about the new dining choices at Disney Springs - we really wanted to return here and it was one of those nights you always remember as the craic was good along with some of the amazing vibe around Disney Springs. This place has changed so much in the times we have been going and I would love to see what anyone who has not been since 2013 would make of the changes here

Thanks for catching up and posting - I know you enjoy teh complete report to read - I'm aiming to get to the finish in time for you to read the last one 'live'

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Lovely lazy start to the morning with a well deserved lie in. Some nice pool time too.

Loved your whistlestop tour of the headliners in DHS - all the greats fitted in today. What a great evening to end your day with fab food and entertainment at Raglan Road.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Lovely lazy start to the morning with a well deserved lie in. Some nice pool time too.

Loved your whistlestop tour of the headliners in DHS - all the greats fitted in today. What a great evening to end your day with fab food and entertainment at Raglan Road.
Thanks Lynda
Always good to get a balance between the pool and the parks - made the mistake in the past of too much parks and then just sleeping in a hotel room that could really be anywhere.

To round it off at Disney Springs was superb, Raglan Road is such a great night and the food was excellent too

Thanks for catching up with us again

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We have had 2 out of 2 poor visits to Raglan Road and have sworn never again. However, there are now rumbling that MIL may embark on a trip in 2022 and I know she would LOVE it. So we may find it to be third time lucky, we've done brunch and lunch previously, maybe dinner is where it's at?!

Love the evening atmosphere at Disney Springs. The weekends can feel a bit overcrowded but it has the buzz of a big city.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We have had 2 out of 2 poor visits to Raglan Road and have sworn never again. However, there are now rumbling that MIL may embark on a trip in 2022 and I know she would LOVE it. So we may find it to be third time lucky, we've done brunch and lunch previously, maybe dinner is where it's at?!

Love the evening atmosphere at Disney Springs. The weekends can feel a bit overcrowded but it has the buzz of a big city.
I've read your experiences of RR and to be honest understand why you would not return.

All of our experiences have been in the evening and we have not been let down each time. It seems so much down to luck, as we had been put off returning by reviews a few years back. Glad we went against them and have this place firmly on the shortlist for each visit in recent times - if you are not on the dining plan the most amazing place to eat is The Boathouse

there is so much more of a 'buzz' about the whole of Disney Springs now and the whole place so much better than the DTD experience of old. It is well worth putting on the plan