Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Oct 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
October 2019 - The Unexpected one! - Day 2!

Day 2 – Moving to French Quarter, Horse riding at Fort Wilderness, Walmart & The Harvey's arrival.

We woke up a little later this morning, we had no park plans which was nice, so no rushing around. I had a text from our friends who would have been across the Atlantic by the time I woke up, with a happy pre flight picture! So exciting! We snacked on some cereal bars, before packing our stuff away and loading up the car as we were moving to French Quarter for 3 nights. In a way I was a little nervous as although we loved the resort last year, we had issue after issue with the service at the front desk when our bands weren’t working properly, we could have picked any of the moderates when given our free 2 nights, but we decided to go back to FQ as we loved the resort itself, plus, you know, beignets! So we were hoping for a better stay this time! We booked an extra night there aswell, and were hoping that we could stay in the same room as they were 2 separate bookings. We had all really enjoyed the stay at All Star Sports, and would 100% stay there again, sure the rooms would benefit from an upgrade but they were clean, comfy and served a purpose.

By 10am we were pulling into French Qtr

We left our bags with bell services as we had booked Katie into the horse riding at Fort Wilderness, she had been dying to do this for ages, as she loves riding at home.

We nipped into the food court and filled up our refillable mugs to take with us, and made our way over, it was a really short drive, but I couldn’t believe the size of the place! Massive American RV’s everywhere, just reminds me of We are the Millers lol. We parked the car and walked over to the check in area and filled out some forms, got Katie measured for her hat and then headed over to the stables. The horses looked so well looked after, and there were some diddy ponies there that the kids petted. Joeys not a fan of them but comes along anyway to keep Katie happy!

She was almost giddy when she got called in and on her horse. The trek was an hour long, so we happily trotted off with the instructors, she was the only one on the trek and had 2 instructors with her.

While we waited we went for a drive around the resort to see if we could find the quick service place to fill up the cups, this place is like a minefield! We drove around for 10 minutes, couldn’t find it, but enjoyed looking at all the Halloween decorations outside peoples RV’s, we don’t do anything for Halloween ever so it makes a nice change. We then drove back over and just sat outside relaxing watching people come and go, it was nice to just chill, and have a chat about the rest of our plans. The hour was up, and Katie came back with a huge grin on her face, and out of her own money she tipped the instructors $5 each bless her, she loved it, and said the trekking grounds were amazing, plus, she saw an armadillo and a turkey which was a highlight haha.

By this point, it was 12.30 and we were all so hungry. As we needed to go to Walmart we decided to stop at Dennys for brunch on the 192. We were seated right away and Craig and I ordered the same, we had the super bird sandwich with seasoned fries, I had a hot tea and Craig a Dr Pepper.

Katie always has the same, the 3 cheese mozzarella melt sandwich (think that’s what it’s called!) and I don’t know why she orders it because her stomach doesn’t get on well with lots of cheese! But, these teens can’t be told, trouble is, she loves cheese so much!

And Joey had the all American slam.

Which no, he did not finish! They had a coke and a Dr Pepper, I had an extra tea and a water to go aswell. Service was so good, friendly but not over the top. This came to around $48 so we left $60.

We then drove over the road to Walmart, we needed some snacks for the room, and some water, plus as the Harveys were flying in today we picked them some bits up so they didn’t have to go to Walmart when they we’re tired. Always enjoy a mooch around Walmart, but we didn’t want to spend too long in there as we would save that for when we moved to the villa.

We grabbed some apples, pain au chocolate, crisps, water and capri sun, and some water, sugar cookies, beer, pastries, diet cokes and crisps for the others. This lot came to $52.

We headed back to French Qtr and it was now pushing 3pm, checked in and asked if we could stay in the same room for the 3 nights, they had already allocated us the same room, which was handy. Last year we were in building 2 on the ground floor opposite the pool, this year we were in building 1, on the 3rd floor, thankfully, with a lift so we could lug the cases up! There’s a car park right behind the building which makes it easier too

We had a lovely view our towards the river, and a beautiful breeze as we were high up. We didn’t unpack, as would only be there for 3 days, we did open one case and chuck it all in one of the other cases so we could put all our dirty washing in the empty one, we know how to live haha. The kids wanted to go to the pool, so they went down while we just organised things a little, then met them down there after going and filling up the refillable cups.

We spent an hour down there, it was lovely and warm but really busy, so struggled to get loungers together, we had to go round the back where you couldn’t see the pool. Now the kids are older it’s not a problem though. We went back up to the room via the path by the river, I do love that walk, it’s so serine and a world away from theme parks, you would never know you were at Disney.

We all had showers, then sat on the bed watching TV and reading/played ipads. I was waiting for a text from Louise to say they had landed and were on their way, they were staying at POP and we were going over to pick them up for dinner when they had settled.

We heard from our friends and at 6.35 we got in the car to drive over to POP.

We were so excited to see them, especially the kids. Mia, our friends 10 year old, had no idea that we were out there, she knew we were on holiday but thought that we had gone to Tenerife, we held that secret for a year, as she kept asking if we could go with them, but we really wanted to surprise her. We found their room easily, and again, loved the look of the resort! Katie knocked on the door, and the look on Mias face was priceless and made all the secrets worth it, she was so happy but couldn’t believe how we were there, we had some big hugs and lots of laughter telling her all about it! I did film it so I could show my mum & dad but wont put it on here! The rooms at POP were really nice, very modern and new, definitely what ASS could do with!

We walked down to the car, Craig was driving so Louise didn’t have to, and we were heading to Rock & Brews down the 192 for dinner.

We had all been looking forward to this for ages, they were still building it when we were out here in 2018 and liked the look of it then. We parked up and were told it was a 20 min wait, that was fine with us, but were seated in less than 10 minutes. Loved the feel of the place, with the band memorabilia, the music, it just had all the feels for us!

I knew one thing I was having and that was a big fat strawberry margarita! Lou doesn’t really drink, but as she wasn’t driving, I talked her into joining me for one!

Have to say, it was lovely, but massive and so strong! It lasted the whole meal, along with a glass of water to go with it! Craig had a pint of coors light and the kids a Dr Pepper & diet coke. Joey was loving that he could get DP on tap here!

I ordered the bruschetta, which was a mistake as it was huge! Craig had some boneless wings to start and the kids had some of my bruschetta as they didn’t want a starter and there was no way I was finishing it myself.

For mains, I just wanted a big bowl of chicken wings, smothered in BBQ sauce, they didn’t disappoint! Craig had a BBQ chicken pizza, and the kids just had chicken tenders and fries each.

Stock photo as he ate it wayyyyy to quickly!

We had such a lovely evening, lots of laughing, excitement for the days ahead and the food & service were great. It would be fab for an evening out without the kids where Craig could have a few beers and not drive, we loved the atmosphere and even though it was busy, we couldn’t fault it.

I love the patriotism in the USA, this was outside R&B.

It was now 9pm, and the Harvey's were flagging massively, we paid the bill, no idea how much, sorry! And headed back to the car, we dropped them off at POP, they were heading to the beach tomorrow and we were off to Hollywood Studios!

Once back in our room, we all got changed, brushed our teeth, Craig put some NFL on and I think I was the first asleep by about 10pm! Another day done, but what a lovely one, no rushing, no major plans, just going with the flow and enjoying each others company!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good change over day and nice to meet up with friends

Joan
Old 24 Oct 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Aww, lovely to meet up with friends. Food looked nice at R & B. Will have to give it a try next time.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Lovely day and a nice surprise for your friends little girl
Hope your stay at POFQ was better than the previous year we stayed at POR last September and loved it
Old 2 Nov 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good change over day and nice to meet up with friends

Joan
It was lovely! So nice to share the experience with other people!

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Aww, lovely to meet up with friends. Food looked nice at R & B. Will have to give it a try next time.
R & B was fab, honestly give it a go if you get the chance!

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Lovely day and a nice surprise for your friends little girl
Hope your stay at POFQ was better than the previous year we stayed at POR last September and loved it
She was made up, we're all planning on going back in 2022 so will see if we can manage to surprise her again! It was better thank you, as much as I missed not having the dining plan, it was nice not having to worry that our bands wouldn't work!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List