Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 3 Dec 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

ds is getting a ps5 with his brother but other than that he doesn't really have anything and I'm struggling with ideas as I refuse to buy for the sake of it/things he won't really use but he has way less to open than the others which seems unfair

he has
superdry hoodie, deodrant sprays & sports bottle
some of those multicoloured strip lights you put behind the TV (apparently they reduce eye strain)
chocolate hamper
Game for the PS5 - the only thing he's actually asked for
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mandco View Post
ds is getting a ps5 with his brother but other than that he doesn't really have anything and I'm struggling with ideas as I refuse to buy for the sake of it/things he won't really use but he has way less to open than the others which seems unfair

he has
superdry hoodie, deodrant sprays & sports bottle
some of those multicoloured strip lights you put behind the TV (apparently they reduce eye strain)
chocolate hamper
Game for the PS5 - the only thing he's actually asked for
Have you got a extra controller because you only get one, we bought our son a extra one, but he’s 24 and bought himself the ps5 and we bought games and accessories.
Old 3 Dec 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
I struggled too! I ended up getting him one from Next.

next/g242411s1/789726#789726

M&S is also worth a look as their kids clothes go up to age 16
I went into next today so that I could get a good look at the dressing gowns. They are SOOOO soft ! I bought him a slate grey one and some slippers that were amazingly soft too lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Thanks floridatilly - I’d forgotten about this thread! I’ll have a look through and see if I can get any ideas. Unfortunately my ds is not into sports either - so basically I’m stuck with tech/gadgets! We have bought him:
A gaming mouse
A new motherboard
A Rick & Morty hoodie
A “what if” book which takes ridiculous questions and gives scientific answers
Chocolate
Pjs, dressing gown and fluffy socks
But dd has loads more - she’s so much easier to buy for!
Thanks I ordered the what if book for ds (13). It looks great.
Old 4 Dec 20, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks I ordered the what if book for ds (13). It looks great.
Oh glad to hear! I think my ds will be really into it! I mean we are the family who sit around the table and discuss the most ridiculous hypothetical questions so I’m sure it’ll be right up his street!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoDaisy
Having Dinner with Goofy

My DS has asked for money (he has been saving up to build a gaming PC). We’ve ordered the graphics card from his list, I’m just hoping it arrives this side of Christmas!

He has a few other bits to open as well (mainly clothes) but it doesn’t look much. I hadn’t realised how expensive these pc components are 🤦

I’ve also made up a toasting marshmallow kit and will put a money wallet inside the box. (Just read this back and it sounds strange LOL).

I like the dressing gown idea, might have to visit Next to check for fluffiness!
DiscoDaisy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DiscoDaisy View Post
My DS has asked for money (he has been saving up to build a gaming PC). We’ve ordered the graphics card from his list, I’m just hoping it arrives this side of Christmas!

He has a few other bits to open as well (mainly clothes) but it doesn’t look much. I hadn’t realised how expensive these pc components are 🤦

I’ve also made up a toasting marshmallow kit and will put a money wallet inside the box. (Just read this back and it sounds strange LOL).

I like the dressing gown idea, might have to visit Next to check for fluffiness!
Yep, those PC bits are ridiculously expensive! And once he starts he’ll be constantly upgrading 🙈
I can highly recommend the Next fluffiness 😂
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoDaisy
Having Dinner with Goofy

Yep, those PC bits are ridiculously expensive! And once he starts he’ll be constantly upgrading 🙈
I can highly recommend the Next fluffiness 😂
He hasn’t even built it yet and is talking about a 2nd monitor! He’s also started a Pinterest account to collect ideas for his gaming room (aka the dining room) layout 😂
DiscoDaisy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DiscoDaisy View Post
He hasn’t even built it yet and is talking about a 2nd monitor! He’s also started a Pinterest account to collect ideas for his gaming room (aka the dining room) layout 😂
Welcome to the world of PC geeks 🤣