Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 4 Dec 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Christmas Eve and magical tales ...

When my children were very young we did the usual mince pie for Santa and carrots for the reindeer ... When they went to bed ( we had a pet rabbit at the time ) I would put teeth marks on the carrots half eaten and leave a trail of straw on the path outside. In the morning they would say has Father Christmas been and I would do a sigh and have a bit of a moan about how untidy the reindeer were and look at the mess they had left ...
I’m sure many of you will have your own special magical memories you would like to share ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Yes supper in this house on the 24th for me is always one bite of mince pie and a nibble on a carrot. Somehow dh always gets to drink half the whiskey left out... one year at the grotto the santa asked for a bacon sandwich for a change! Dh nearly ate the whole thing forgetting we always leave a bit 🤣

Edited at 12:31 AM.
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Once I wrote a letter to Father Christmas asking what he wanted for Christmas! I was warned that he might not have time to reply but I woke up to find a beautifully hand written letter explaining that all Father Christmas wants is for every child to have a magical Christmas Day (and perhaps some peace and quiet!)
I also remember finding a teeny tiny note inside my school shoe the day after I lost a tooth...the tooth fairy couldn’t get under my pillow to retrieve my milk tooth without waking me up, so she had booked me in for the following night 😂
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
Once I wrote a letter to Father Christmas asking what he wanted for Christmas! I was warned that he might not have time to reply but I woke up to find a beautifully hand written letter explaining that all Father Christmas wants is for every child to have a magical Christmas Day (and perhaps some peace and quiet!)
I also remember finding a teeny tiny note inside my school shoe the day after I lost a tooth...the tooth fairy couldn’t get under my pillow to retrieve my milk tooth without waking me up, so she had booked me in for the following night 😂
Oh you have just reminded me of when I was little. Christmas as a child doesnt have many fond and happy memories for me, but I do remember writting a letter to father Christmas and sending it up the chimney. We had an open fire (just the one in the living room and that was the heating for the whole house) I truly thought it was magic that the paper was taken up the chimney and of course to Santa.
Old 7 Dec 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

I used to send my letters up the chimney to Father Christmas when I was little too.My dad used to tell me the fairy’s we’re watching and he’d pretend to see one !
For my own son I used to have beautiful letters delivered to him from various companies and he would always sprinkle “magic dust “ outside so that Father Christmas would find us - now he does it as s joke but I love it .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I put a nice jingle bell, with ribbon on it in the garden...then make a big thing that it’s fallen off of Santa’s sleigh. 🥰

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

We always used to put a piece of carrot on the gate post, front door step or even the roof of the car and say that Rudolph must have dropped it when he took off!
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I grew up in Sweden where Christmas is celebrated on the 24th. In the evening, after a buffet (or Julbord - a Christmas version of Smorgasbord) , my grandpa always used to say that he needed to go and post some letters. Always when he was gone, Father Christmas would knock on the door and say “ho ho ho - any nice children in this house?” and the. He would come in with a big sack of presents that he handed out before he left and grandpa then returned after “posting his letters” 😉.

Although it was always magical - and although when I got older and I knew it was grandpa - it was still that butterfly feeling in my stomach when the knocks on the door came.

However, I have to say I much prefer the British way of presents in the morning of the 25th. As a kid waiting for Father Christmas, that day was the looooongest and I used to ask my parents all the time “how long left now for father christmas “? “ have you not finished your coffee yet so grandad can go post his letters”? It would drive me nuts🤣
Old 7 Dec 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I remember being about 4 and annoying my mum and gran and not going to bed (standard behaviour for me!). Then all of a sudden I heard the real sleigh bells and I shot up the stairs faster than I ever have before. I believed that for years.

Gran had tapped her rings on her wine glass ❤️

We would always leave a carrot, milk and a mince pie out. Dad always ate the mince pie, drank the milk and took a bite out of the carrot 😂.

When my sister was 2/3 mum drunkenly (we used to go to a massive party at the local social club on Christmas Eve) written her back a letter from Father Christmas. Which was amazing - but then she had to keep it up every year after that 😂

The lounge door is always closed on Christmas Eve, and every Christmas morning my dad opens the door to check he’s been. Every year we get told “he’s not been” before piling into the lounge 😂
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪

Edited at 10:06 PM.
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

We used to make raindeer food.

Porridge oats and glitter.

In the dark we did not see much glitter but the grass glittered in the morning and got a gasp.

We also knocked the santa stop here down - a sign he has been.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List