Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 30 Nov 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
I have found that meat substitutes dont cook well in the slow cooker which is a shame, they go mushy. But I made a lasagne sauce in it the other day and just mixed the vivera mince in before I made the lasagne and it turned out really lovely
Ah yea, I've learnt that with the vegan meat substitutes that you should mix it into a sauce right at the end. Otherwise, it just loses all consistency.

Vivera mince is my favourite mince replacement!
DisneyDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Tried a new spag bol today and it was absolutely delicious

realfood.tesco/recipes/v...bolognese.html
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
I only use Quorn mince, would be grateful for the recipe please for Lasagne. xxx
Hi sorry I totally forgot to put the recipe down until I made a lasagne this morning for tonight!
I use about half a bag of quorn , dry fry for 5 minutes. Add a finely sliced onion, a garlic clove (I also add small amount of garlic salt) finely diced button mushrooms and some white pepper. After a few minutes I add a whole carton of passatta then a tin of chopped tomatoes. Bring to boil adding a bit of sugar and any extras to taste , I normally add a small amount of basil but it’s all about your taste. Turn of after a few minutes when it’s thickened up and allow to cool.
Then either make your own white sailor use a jar which is what I did this morning as I only had low fat cheese and it doesn’t taste as nice , to me anyway!
Then just assemble, layer of tomato sauce, sheets of pasta , more tomato sauce then white sauce , pasta sheets. End on the white sauce then sprinkle with mozzarella grated cheese.
Pop in oven fan 180 for about 30 mins , it’ll be bubbling and top just crisping.
Here’s a photo of the one I made this morning
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

I just made bbc easy veggie chili with morrisons v range plant based mince and OMG.

We've always loved nachos and honestly that did not disappoint, it was amazing!
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rach182
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I've made buffalo cauliflower tacos before and they go down well, the recipe is actually vegan.
Rach182 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
PerksP
Imagineer

Sweet potato, chickpea and spinach curry is a favourite in our house (in fact I have just polished off a plate). I sometimes add some halloumi but without it you have a vegan recipe. Really delicious with naan bread or pilau rice
PerksP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PerksP View Post
Sweet potato, chickpea and spinach curry is a favourite in our house (in fact I have just polished off a plate). I sometimes add some halloumi but without it you have a vegan recipe. Really delicious with naan bread or pilau rice
Ooh this sounds tasty
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Thank you so much. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

I had this Vegan Green Pesto Pasta with Pistachios for dinner tonight. Very simple to make and tasted delicious!
DisneyDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

I do a cross between bolognese and chilli using vegan Green cuisine bolognese mix . I start off sauteing chopped veges, aubergine, courgette, onion, garlic, sweet potato , add tinned tomatoes and /or passata, pasta sauce , tinned beans for chilli, then the Green cuisine mix, serve with pasta or rice. DH loves his meat but likes this.
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List