MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Dreaming, Then The Beach Club Day 12

Day 12, Thurs Sept 12th.

This morning we had to go to the resort business centre to pick up a small package that a friend kindly sent me, so we set off on the hunt for it inside the huge conference centre at the Yacht Club - it's an amazing building! It took a while as there was a problem with it, and tempers nearly got frayed!
Once out of there we drove round to Fantasia Gardens for a game of golf, DH won as usual, one day I'll surprise him! Fantasia Gardens isn't looking as well kept as usual, seems ready for a refurb, I think it's partly because of all the building work around it for the new Cove Hotel.
We then headed to Celebration, our second favourite place after the Beach Club, where we enjoyed a long walk around all 3 lakes etc, it was very hot again. There were loads of huge cicadas on the paths - for those who don't know, these are the charmers who make the lovely chirping noises in the trees!
There are no nice little decoration/souvenir type stores at all left now in Celebration which is a shame, and we noticed more restaurants on the outskirts of town.
There were lots of families enjoying the fountains and Kilwin's.
We had lunch at the Town Tavern which is one of our must do', it's consistently good and very popular. I'm sure the Cobb Salad is getting bigger 😆.
After lunch and another walk along the river, we popped into Publix for treats etc to take home, before going back to the resort for a while - we just got in as the heavens opened, first rain in 8-9 days!
We decided to go to the AMC cinema at Disney Springs to see Lion King as we hadn't seen it (we had been expecting to watch it in the cinema on the Disney Dream!) so we got the bus down there. We really enjoyed it, and then watched more live music before sharing a Blaze Pizza for the first time (but it won't be the last) and heading back to the BC and bed.

DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by MrsBC - 1 Oct 19 6:44 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day such a shame all the gift shops in Celebration have closed I used to love getting something from the one in Market Street that sold lots of Christmas things

Joan
Old 1 Oct 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another good day such a shame all the gift shops in Celebration have closed I used to love getting something from the one in Market Street that sold lots of Christmas things

Joan
We went straight to it - it's all closed up and empty. When we first started going there were 4-5 nice little 'nick nack' shops.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another great day. I love Celebration, but agree about the wee shops, such a shame. Blaze is somewhere I’m hoping to lead the family to during our stay.
Old 12 Nov 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Very relaxing day
Every time we go we always plan to go to Celebration but we still haven’t made it there