Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 6 Jul 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MsSparkles
Excited about Disney

Mobile Tell me about Majorca

Rebooked our Easter 2020 Florida trip to October and now think we will cancel it and rebook for 2021.
So, we’re thinking of going to Majorca for a week in mid October, has anyone got any hints or tips on best places to stay and what to do?
We realise that the weather might be a bit hit and miss but we like the idea of a short plane trip. It’s just me and my husband and we’re not used to booking holidays in Europe so any advice will be very welcome!

1990 - Disney World (I Drive), 1997 - Disney World (I Drive), 2007 & 2008 - Disneyland Paris, 2009 & 2011 - Disney World (I Drive & LBV) , 2013 - Disneyland California (offsite) - 2015 Disney World (BCL & LBV) , 2017 & 2022 Disney World (LBV) Plus many other US holidays and road trips (aiming to visit every state )
MsSparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

If you want to find the real Island, explore Palma, it is architecturally breathtaking. The Cathedral is stunning and the stained glass window is ... well it is

Submerge Yourselves into daily life, while enjoying a bottle of Rioja and Tapas, at one of the many pavement cafes, whilst watching the world go by.

We don't do, Benidorm by the way.

Disney332
Old 6 Jul 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Been a couple of times and loved it. Stayed in Palma overlooking the port on a girls weekend, enjoyed exploring the town and restaurants. And spent a week with my cousin where we spent 3 days driving round the whole island. Spectacular views and beautiful scenery. Lots of little coffee shops etc and places to while away an hour or two. We looked to go in October half term this year but opted for Malaga instead.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Look to the NE of the island... Alcudia is very nice with an almost Caribbean type beach...
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
East Coaster
slightly serious Dibber

Love love love Majorca. There are so many places we like - Cala Millor/ Cala D'or on the east coast are fab but we love just south of Palma - easy access to Palma yet by the sea! Palma is amazing! We're due to go at the end of August so fingers crossed flights aren't cancelled.
East Coaster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Alcudia has the best beach, it’s huge and very shallow water - no big drop when you go in the sea which is perfect for kids.

Puerto Pollensa and Cala san Vicente are also lovely
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MsSparkles
Excited about Disney

Thanks for all your replies. I’m leaning towards Alcudia as it looks a bigger resort and so I’m assuming everything will still be open in October. Plus hopefully there will be more to do if it rains? Definitely plan on a day trip to Palma. We plan to hire a car as we’re used to road trips in the US and we can’t imagine staying in one place for a whole week!
MsSparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by MsSparkles View Post
Thanks for all your replies. I’m leaning towards Alcudia as it looks a bigger resort and so I’m assuming everything will still be open in October. Plus hopefully there will be more to do if it rains? Definitely plan on a day trip to Palma. We plan to hire a car as we’re used to road trips in the US and we can’t imagine staying in one place for a whole week!
If you’re hiring a car, definitely recommend the drive up to Cala san Vicente, the road goes up the mountain, great view points and very picturesque
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cinderellabella View Post
If you’re hiring a car, definitely recommend the drive up to Cala san Vicente, the road goes up the mountain, great view points and very picturesque

It is beautiful.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

If you want a bit of a fancy meal if you visit Palma for the day, try Forn De Sant Joan. Beautiful.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List