Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 15 Nov 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Loving the tension between Maggie and the Queen
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Episode 4 = The Falklands - gripping stuff
Maggie is my heroine so looking forward to that one.
Old 16 Nov 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I started watching this. No royalist by any stretch, but I found it absolutely fascinating. Obviously it’s a drama, but I assume has to be factual also. I’m up to the tour of Australia and really do feel for Dianna. Poor thing never stood a chance in that Marriage.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I got sucked into it last night , I’ve really enjoyed the others but I found the underlining of how Diana really didn’t stand a chance with Camilla hanging around like a bad smell from the off really sad.
I have never bought into the Charles and Camilla always loved each other stuff as I do think had Charles genuinely loved and respected her he would have fought harder for her in the beginning. He just seems to me as a man who wanted to have his cake and eat it and giving up the crown for love was never anything he considered for a moment.
The depiction of Camilla as manipulative , ambitious and short on morals as a married woman was pretty much as I saw her and this dramatisation thus far has done nothing to change that opinion.
I think Gillian Anderson as Thatcher was great casting , she makes Thatcher the most three dimensional of all the characters .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
I started watching this. No royalist by any stretch, but I found it absolutely fascinating. Obviously it’s a drama, but I assume has to be factual also. I’m up to the tour of Australia and really do feel for Dianna. Poor thing never stood a chance in that Marriage.
You should watch all the others.

People think The Crown is just a Royal drama, but each episode tends to also have an historic theme to it about something momentous or maybe not so momentous that happened at the time. I’ve learnt some interesting history from it.
Old 16 Nov 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You should watch all the others.

People think The Crown is just a Royal drama, but each episode tends to also have an historic theme to it about something momentous or maybe not so momentous that happened at the time. I’ve learnt some interesting history from it.
From what I have seen about series 4 then it is more about the time and Mrs Thatcher (and her relationship with The Queen, her children and her Cabinet etc) - its truly wonderful series whether you are a royalist or indeed not (I am both a Royalist and interested in British history and I find it fascinating)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I havent read the thread in case there is spoilers. But we started it last night and are doing 1 ep a night after I’m a Celeb.

We could binge watch - we did the first 3 series! But I want to be able to look forward to it for the next 10 days lol.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I havent read the thread in case there is spoilers. But we started it last night and are doing 1 ep a night after I’m a Celeb.

We could binge watch - we did the first 3 series! But I want to be able to look forward to it for the next 10 days lol.
I don’t think there are any spoilers in this thread but if you have seen the first Episode then the biggest spoiler is Margaret Thatchers hair which seems to grow scene on scene and should have billing of its own - her bouffant was never that Huge lol (and I saw her many times over the years )

I am enjoying the story very much but Gillian Anderson just cant get Mrs Thatcher at all - but she makes me laugh with her trying

one mini “spoiler” but isnt really part of any plot which I think The Crown went too far is seeing the Queen on the toilet tearing off a sheet of toilet paper ready to - well glad the camera cut away. I was genuinely shocked at that
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I don’t think there are any spoilers in this thread but if you have seen the first Episode then the biggest spoiler is Margaret Thatchers hair which seems to grow scene on scene and should have billing of its own - her bouffant was never that Huge lol (and I saw her many times over the years )

I am enjoying the story very much but Gillian Anderson just cant get Mrs Thatcher at all - but she makes me laugh with her trying

one mini “spoiler” but isnt really part of any plot which I think The Crown went too far is seeing the Queen on the toilet tearing off a sheet of toilet paper ready to - well glad the camera cut away. I was genuinely shocked at that
Oh my gosh I'm not up to that, so it is true the Queen does go to the toilet? Well I never!
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Oh my gosh I'm not up to that, so it is true the Queen does go to the toilet? Well I never!
lol I was surprised but I guess no real biggie 😂