Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Nov 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Among us

DD has asked us if she can play this game, i know its online, so am very wary, she wants to give it a try but i’m not sure. Does anyones kids play this at all. DD is 11. Any help appreciated as i havent got a clue!
Old 23 Nov 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

My son is 11 next month and loves Among Us. He is very aware that he can't give out personal details or use his real name as his username and he would report any swearing to me (he has autism and follows rules religiously). So far we've had no issues. I often watch him play and there hasn't been anything to concern me.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Mobile

My DD is 13, she loves playing it and in fact she is usually on FaceTime with 4 friends at the same time that all play together. Seems ok so far. A few have got a little nasty when it comes to guessing the “imposter” but I’ve told her to try to ignore them comments rather then getting involved in an argument with a stranger.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

DD (11) has just started playing. She plays downstairs where we are, but most of the time she arranges to play with friends (there’s needs to be at least 4 altogether) and they WhatsApp together to discuss tactics. Does she have friends to team up with?
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
My son is 11 next month and loves Among Us. He is very aware that he can't give out personal details or use his real name as his username and he would report any swearing to me (he has autism and follows rules religiously). So far we've had no issues. I often watch him play and there hasn't been anything to concern me.
Thanks, DD has additional needs/autism too. I just trying to gauge whether ig would upset her as she doesnt do stress or shouting/swearing.
Old 23 Nov 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

My 10yo plays it. The game itself is good fun, the only downside is that when the players discuss (by typing messages) who the impostor might be, some people can occasionally be rather rude. The swear filters are pretty comprehensive though. If anyone tries to hurl abuse or insults at my kids they just laugh it off, they’ve never been upset by anything in the game.
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Jo View Post
My DD is 13, she loves playing it and in fact she is usually on FaceTime with 4 friends at the same time that all play together. Seems ok so far. A few have got a little nasty when it comes to guessing the “imposter” but I’ve told her to try to ignore them comments rather then getting involved in an argument with a stranger.
Thanks, interesting feedback 😀
Old 23 Nov 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
DD (11) has just started playing. She plays downstairs where we are, but most of the time she arranges to play with friends (there’s needs to be at least 4 altogether) and they WhatsApp together to discuss tactics. Does she have friends to team up with?
She does have a friend on it and possibly one other, i will have to investigate further!
Old 23 Nov 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Perthite View Post
My 10yo plays it. The game itself is good fun, the only downside is that when the players discuss (by typing messages) who the impostor might be, some people can occasionally be rather rude. The swear filters are pretty comprehensive though. If anyone tries to hurl abuse or insults at my kids they just laugh it off, they’ve never been upset by anything in the game.
DD is ultra sensitive and takes it hard when she thinks someone is upset with her. Thanks for the info
Old 24 Nov 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Slabgood
Earning More Ears

Play the game with them, I play with my 11 & 12 yr girls, not had any issues with the chat.
Slabgood is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List