Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 1 Dec 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I have a good idea for a Hallmark Christmas movie story line - critique please if you will.

Attractive blonde lady (Susie) is a high flying PR executive in New York with an obnoxious but very rich Wall Street trader boyfriend (Garth). Susie's mum likes Garth so imminent marriage is assured. Susie is sent to Evergreen in Vermont on Christmas Eve to handle an important Client's advertising shoot.

Susie breaks down on the edge of Evergreen and is towed in by Garth a rugged lumberjack. Garth is recently divorced but has a cute 8 year old daughter called Molly. Molly plays guitar badly but sings nicely.

Susie falls in love with Garth and things rapidly move forward until 78 minutes into the film the major misunderstanding occurs and big row ensues with Garth. Susie rushes back to obnoxious Garth but soon realises he's not for her.

Garth's sister Billy Ray phones Susie to say how distraught Garth was after the misunderstanding so Susie rushes back to Evergreen where the sidewalks are always clear of snow even though the gutters are piled high.

Garth's auntie owns the Main Street diner but doubles up as the local parson. She conducts the wedding in the local barn where Molly plays guitar and sings "Ave Maria"

Could I pitch this to Hallmark and make loads of money. I'm quite happy to play the part of Seth the Evergreen hobo but is really Santa Claus.

Mick
This had me in hysterics! My mum watches those silly movies and would take your eye out if you suggest turning the channel
happytraveller is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mick don’t forget how the houses are absolutely decorated beautifully, all lit up outside and green foliage everywhere and immaculate Christmas trees. I put up some foliage and my son said it looked like the grinches pubes!
Old 2 Dec 20, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Mick don’t forget how the houses are absolutely decorated beautifully, all lit up outside and green foliage everywhere and immaculate Christmas trees. I put up some foliage and my son said it looked like the grinches pubes!
Grinches pubes🤣🤣🤣.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have a good idea for a Hallmark Christmas movie story line - critique please if you will.

Attractive blonde lady (Susie) is a high flying PR executive in New York with an obnoxious but very rich Wall Street trader boyfriend (Boyd). Susie's mum likes Boyd so imminent marriage is assured. Susie is sent to Evergreen in Vermont on Christmas Eve to handle an important Client's advertising shoot.

Susie breaks down on the edge of Evergreen and is towed in by Garth a rugged lumberjack. Garth is recently divorced but has a cute 8 year old daughter called Molly. Molly plays guitar badly but sings nicely.

Susie falls in love with Garth and things rapidly move forward until 78 minutes into the film the major misunderstanding occurs and big row ensues with Garth. Susie rushes back to obnoxious Boyd but soon realises he's not for her.

Garth's sister Billy Ray phones Susie to say how distraught Garth was after the misunderstanding so Susie rushes back to Evergreen where the sidewalks are always clear of snow even though the gutters are piled high.

Garth's auntie owns the Main Street diner but doubles up as the local parson. She conducts the wedding in the local barn where Molly plays guitar and sings "Ave Maria"

Could I pitch this to Hallmark and make loads of money. I'm quite happy to play the part of Seth the Evergreen hobo but is really Santa Claus.

Mick
Mick you are wasted , screenwriting Christmas movies is an obvious career move you should consider
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Mick you are wasted , screenwriting Christmas movies is an obvious career move you should consider
I can expand on the 78 minute moment if you like. Garth is in the diner cuddling an attractive brunette behind the counter. Susie spots him and naturally storms off back to NY without talking to him. Transpires of course that Garth is cuddling a fifth cousin twice removed, Patti, who he hasn't seen for 28 years.

And guess what? Patti is Boyd's step-sister.

Did I tell you that halfway through the film they go to the Christmas tree farm where Molly picks the best tree. She plays her guitar and gets the tree free.

Old 2 Dec 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I can expand on the 78 minute moment if you like. Garth is in the diner cuddling an attractive brunette behind the counter. Susie spots him and naturally storms off back to NY without talking to him. Transpires of course that Garth is cuddling a fifth cousin twice removed, Patti, who he hasn't seen for 28 years.

And guess what? Patti is Boyd's step-sister.

Did I tell you that halfway through the film they go to the Christmas tree farm where Molly picks the best tree. She plays her guitar and gets the tree free.

They always go to the tree farm lol 😂
Just watched Christmas Coordinator and they went to pick out a tree!
Old 2 Dec 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mick you definitely seem to be enjoying this too much
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Oh you missed the special moment at the town Christmas tree lighting ceremony!
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Attractive blonde lady (Susie) is a high flying PR executive in New York with an obnoxious but very rich Wall Street trader boyfriend (Boyd). Susie's mum likes Boyd so imminent marriage is assured. Susie is sent to Evergreen in Vermont on Christmas Eve to handle an important Client's advertising shoot.

Susie falls in love with Garth and things rapidly move forward until 78 minutes into the film the major misunderstanding occurs and big row ensues with Garth. Susie rushes back to obnoxious Boyd but soon realises he's not for her.

Mick
Spot on Mick.

I almost taste the non alcoholic punch and hear the kids singing carols in the background.

TC

Old 2 Dec 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Mick you definitely seem to be enjoying this too much
More fun than squabbling on the current issues forum.

Maybe after today's vaccine news we can see more threads asking about villa -v- hotel, car hire -v- Uber and Longhorn -v- Outback etc.

The best part of my 16+ DIBB years Mick