Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Dec 20, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sassysar
Apprentice Imagineer

sassysar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Google co op brunch martini
I made two trays of them for a party ( remember those )
They went down a storm
sassysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Over ice neat, sometimes I add a dash of orange juice.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I am getting a hangover just by reading this thread - some serious great cocktail recipes I will be trying for sure 🙏👍🍸
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

A few cocktails might be consumed later with today’s vaccine news another bottle might need purchasing
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I have , what I think is, a very funny story about Cointreau.

Years ago , I think maybe 1994 ish, myself, dh, best friend and her partner went on an epic trip to Spain driving from the west coast of Scotland down through France.
Our first night was somewhere near Boulogne, and we found a B and B, checked in and went out a walk to find food and drinks.
We found this very small bar which when we went in was full of locals. This was fine, we were made to feel very welcome and myself and my friends partner did the drinks orders as we both had O’Level French. That was the best of our language skills but we were getting bye.
So I was at the bar and 2 couples came in. Please before I go any further I’m not taking the mickey out of anyone’s accent as mine is very strong as well. So, one in their party began asking for their order but the barman just couldn’t understand the one drink that was Cointreau and lemonade. They had I think an Essex accent or similar.
So I ‘translated’ the request using my fake french accent and the barman smiled and knew what I said. In my head I couldn’t understand why they couldn’t be understood and why the barman didn’t know what they were saying as essentially it’s the same words just with a french twist on the pronunciation.
Anyway, the 2 couples thought I was french and gestured thanks to me to which I replied in my best broad accent ‘ Nae bother I jist goat here the day an all’ ( Scottish for ‘ You’re very welcome we just arrived earlier today also’ ).
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

I pour it over my pancakes, delicious 😋
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Naked On ice with a straw😋
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

It is lovely if served on vanilla icecream or a slice of vienatta! A tablespoon ish

Edited at 10:42 PM.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great for margaritas ...
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List