Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Dec 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmymc
Apprentice Imagineer

villa or all inclusive in Europe?

After the horrendous year we have had with covid, We are looking at having a family holiday next year in Europe with my son and daughter in law and their 2 year old daughter . Also my other Son and my daughter will be coming. The dilemma is do we get a villa or go to an all inclusive hotel? We would need 4 rooms in a hotel and at least a 4 bedroom villa. We found a really nice villa in Cyprus but the dates werent available and to change to available dates the flights went up £1000. Has anyone any recommendations for a Villa or all inclusive hotel either Cyprus, Spain or anywhere
else in europe. We ideally would like a nice beach closeby.

Thanks

Maureen
jimmymc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Personally I'd go for a hotel rather than villa that way you all have your own personal space.

We love the Atlantic in Es Cana Ibiza. It has rooms or apartments so you get more space and a fridge which is handy for snacks for the little one.
Beach is lovely and minutes away and a little fair outside with rides for kids.

They will be entertainment and kids pool and playground for the little one.

Also with a villa you'll need a fenced off pool or risk having to watch 24/7 or keep doors shut.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

For me villa definitely with a large family group. Agree on the pool safety aspect to consider although one child lots of adults better ratio. But a villa allows for me much more family time and in evenings a chance to relax on your own terms. I’d search some villa sites.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Hotels for us always.

We like busy places , even with a group we'd find a villa too isolating.

All inclusive always worked well for us as a family , there will likely be a children's pool, playground, entertainment etc
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

We always book a villa - have just booked one for Greece next year . Looked through loads of sites - villa plus , James villas, Airbnb , owners direct and trip advisor plus other ones just for Greece rentals . We picked one that was on more than one site and with reviews .
Old 4 Dec 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

I would go for a hotel. In the villa someone will end up responsible for the food, hosting etc. Plus leaving it clean and tidy. A hotel means everyone can relax and enjoy.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Depends where , I’m not a fan of all inclusive as I like eating out for dinner rather than in a hotel dining room .If you have fussy eaters a villa can ease a lot of stress.
If going for a villa with teens making sure there’s good WiFi its essential .
Villas tend to be less convenient so more driving but having your own pool takes a lot of beating !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

hotel

2 weeks is a long time in a house, however big, with people you dont normally live with 24/7... do you really all get on that well? who would cook/clean/shop etc etc

hotel would give your own/room space, chance the kids to meet up with others etc etc everything is done for you

even AI you are allowed out to eat elsewhere, go for a walk/drink etc etc etc
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

I would go for a hotel so everyone has their own space and privacy.
I couldn't share a villa with anyone else, even family, we would get on each others nerves for sure!

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We do like villa holidays and have used Villa Plus before and we were very happy with them. I would not want to share a villa with such a large group though. I think a villa for 3 families you would need to be careful about dividing costs, keeping the villa tidy, any cooking etc.
I would go for a hotel but not necessarily an all inclusive. If you were to do a hotel on B & B you could go to local restaurants and you could go out separately to eat as well some nights.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List