Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Jun 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
I love this report so much, you are hysterically funny. You like a man that can tie a good Windsor knot, ha haaa I am stealing that line and I hope that one day I get to shoe horn it into a conversation.
Ah, Moley - how pleased I am to see Bean Bunny again - even better that he comes bearing such a lovely compliment.

And absolutely - there is something SO SEXY about watching a man tie a proper Windsor knot. I even like the sound of the silk...

Do steal away.

Though if we're talking Hubba Hubba - perhaps even better is a man in a tux, with the tie UNDONE.

Mmm...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Oh yes, I'm all for the un-knotted.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
Oh yes, I'm all for the un-knotted.
God bless the poor men reading my threads, Moley. They must feel positively objectified!
Old 8 Jul 17, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh my goodness, I stayed up later than I should last night reading the first 6 pages and now I'm only up to the beginning of Day 16, but I had to comment!

I've started a 'must try' list of snacks and am so glad I changed my GG dinner reservation to a breakfast one (we are quite breakfasty people and wonder how they can mess that up, but also my 2 daughters are mad about Chip and Dale!). I've also ordered some books to try doing them some autograph books again (maybe just for the character meals, don't want to lug them around all day, every day!)... thanks for the idea (I wonder if I'll be thanking you when they arrive and I am up to my neck in cutting and pasting! ).

LOVE Poot's response to the snail woman - I think he was very respectful indeed, whilst remaining polite, assertive and ever-so-slightly cutting... I suspect it may have been lost on her!

Really love your reports, so entertaining! I'll be back!
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 17, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Oh my goodness, I stayed up later than I should last night reading the first 6 pages and now I'm only up to the beginning of Day 16, but I had to comment!

I've started a 'must try' list of snacks and am so glad I changed my GG dinner reservation to a breakfast one (we are quite breakfasty people and wonder how they can mess that up, but also my 2 daughters are mad about Chip and Dale!). I've also ordered some books to try doing them some autograph books again (maybe just for the character meals, don't want to lug them around all day, every day!)... thanks for the idea (I wonder if I'll be thanking you when they arrive and I am up to my neck in cutting and pasting! ).

LOVE Poot's response to the snail woman - I think he was very respectful indeed, whilst remaining polite, assertive and ever-so-slightly cutting... I suspect it may have been lost on her!

Really love your reports, so entertaining! I'll be back!
I'm not sorry I made the autograph book that ate Tokyo, squishy - but I definitely wouldn't do it that way again! All worth it, though - to see Poot still paging through it now. Good luck with your own project!

Poot will be 12 when we go back - and I *assume* past the autograph stage. One of the things I miss about visiting the parks with a tiny? Having the stroller to use for storage! Jackets, ponchos, autograph books...

ANYWAY -

Many thanks for your kind words - Dibbers have been an enormous help to my own planning - and my reports are an attempt to pay some of that forward. All the better if they make people smile a bit, too.

And it SHOULDN'T surprise me anymore - what people will say to strangers - but I confess it still does. And why would you bother someone else's KID? If you ever slum it in the main trippie forum - we met an even ruder man the next day (Dapper Day). But most people were really great - how kind strangers are is actually one of Poot's favourite things about America.

See ya real soon!
Old 9 Jul 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
LOL! I will keep you posted on the project once the ingredients arrive!

I have just finished (and really enjoyed reading) this report - particularly the 'ma'am, there are 20 empty tables' - I think you can probably sell his one liners one day! I have earmarked the 'main' trippie and then the shopping one (not that I'm planning much shopping, but - you know - be rude not to, wouldn't it?!?! )

Thanks for doing this; I know how much time it must have all taken.
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
LOL! I will keep you posted on the project once the ingredients arrive!

I have just finished (and really enjoyed reading) this report - particularly the 'ma'am, there are 20 empty tables' - I think you can probably sell his one liners one day! I have earmarked the 'main' trippie and then the shopping one (not that I'm planning much shopping, but - you know - be rude not to, wouldn't it?!?! )

Thanks for doing this; I know how much time it must have all taken.
When I first "discovered" Disney fan/travel sites (though not this one ), I was much better about visiting the "crafting" forum/a - but you posting this has made me remember that the Dibb has one, too! It would be great to see how your book turns out - I've just been over there looking at BeatrixPlotter's (?) Ariel and Alice "ears". WOW.

If you ever read the main trippie (Poot wrote big chunks of the posts for Days 25+ (More Sanibel) and Universal Part 2) the shopping report is part of it. I just excised the shopping/dining bits for those two "separate" reports. I didn't want folks who read the TR to miss out or have to follow another thread. It makes me cross when I'm reading a trippie and the author says they ate at such and such a place - but to see the food report for that.

And...yes. We never quite know what Poot will say - he has such confidence (which is great - but I want him to learn when to keep quiet, too). We have to go up to the (American) Embassy in London tomorrow - and I know I will need to sit down with him today and review what sort of things we would NOT say while waiting in the queue outside. I would prefer not to have another experience like the one we had at SFO (where the words "raging paranoia" were used - and the security officer manning our line gave me the death stare).

Thanks again for commenting - it really does make a difference to motivation when people take the time to comment. Have a fab holiday!
Old 3 Aug 17, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
SEAWORLD FAN
slightly serious Dibber

I have just spent the last two days reading this while nursing an upset tummy on the sofa but you have kept my spirits up with such a witty and entertaining report so thank you very much.

It's such a pity that I wasn't reading along and commenting as there is so much I would have said but key things that have stuck in my mind as I am at the end are:

1. You and Poot are a hoot! It looks like you have a fab relationship and he comes across as a lovely lad. I loved some of the stuff he came out with and isn't it great that he has an adventurous palate?
2. Your husband must have been in some sort of a food induced coma at Yak & Yeti! When I read that he eventually asked was the waiter on drugs I nearly had heart failure. Erm, no s... Sherlock!
3. Your style of writing is very much to my taste so even though I usually stop food reports after Disney I enjoyed reading about your adventures in Sanibel and Universal.

And finally,
4. Poot has eaten a bread roll by lifting the whole thing up to his mouth? And you encouraged this? You have got to be kidding me. What sort of a mother are you at all?

Thanks a mill for the laughs. I'm heading on to start the full trip report now.

ETA: How does R.C. take his dogs?

Edited at 07:18 PM.
SEAWORLD FAN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SEAWORLD FAN View Post
I have just spent the last two days reading this while nursing an upset tummy on the sofa but you have kept my spirits up with such a witty and entertaining report so thank you very much.

It's such a pity that I wasn't reading along and commenting as there is so much I would have said but key things that have stuck in my mind as I am at the end are:

1. You and Poot are a hoot! It looks like you have a fab relationship and he comes across as a lovely lad. I loved some of the stuff he came out with and isn't it great that he has an adventurous palate?
2. Your husband must have been in some sort of a food induced coma at Yak & Yeti! When I read that he eventually asked was the waiter on drugs I nearly had heart failure. Erm, no s... Sherlock!
3. Your style of writing is very much to my taste so even though I usually stop food reports after Disney I enjoyed reading about your adventures in Sanibel and Universal.

And finally,
4. Poot has eaten a bread roll by lifting the whole thing up to his mouth? And you encouraged this? You have got to be kidding me. What sort of a mother are you at all?

Thanks a mill for the laughs. I'm heading on to start the full trip report now.

ETA: How does R.C. take his dogs?
He takes 'em naked. No condiments at all.

I'm sorry to hear you've been unwell - though glad my report has made you smile despite the tum. Thank you for your kind words.

The truth is I'm very, very LAZY - and even after Poot was born - I was only ever going to be making one dinner per night. So he's always eaten what DH and I eat; I don't get why ANYONE would want to make a rod for his own back. Clearly I have failed on the bread roll front, though.

The funny thing? If I'd been there I would have reminded him of the "right way" to eat bread - it was the fact that DM thought she needed to CALL ME IN THE MOMENT that made me nuts. She means well, though - and ladies do love a man with nice table manners.

As for DH, he has remained very innocent of a lot of the seediness of life. His parents were very strict - and as an adult he's always been clean-living. I actually find it rather dear, especially as I - having grown up in the nightclub business - can spot a drunk/pothead/etc...at fifty paces. So DH usually thinks the...influenced are "cheerful eccentrics" - but I know they're sauce monkeys.

I hope you enjoy the full trippie - I am actually writing one last post for it tonight - and I will see you there!