Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Sep 17, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by walshi View Post
£20 per day? (Total newbie to DDP sorry.)
No. £20! You're paying to upgrade the child from a child's park ticket to an adults park ticket. The dining plan is linked to that and will be adjusted to an adults accordingly.
Old 13 Sep 17, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

I've upgraded my ds to adult doning the last 2 years.
It's been great. He had a couple of kids meals and we just paid oop and used the credits later. He had a starter flat bread at Jiko for his main course and a kids meal at Skippers which meant we had enough credits to book an extra buffet breakfast.
Old 13 Sep 17, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
If you do upgrade them then if they do decide to have the kids meal you can save their adult TS credit and just pay $10 or so cash for the kids meal. Do this a few times and you can all have another meal. You can do this for the older child too - they are not strict on who can order from kids menu.

Works well at signatures. The kids meals there tend to be better, steak/chicken/fish and still only $15 or so inc drink and dessert. If you pay cash at at signature you then free up 2 adult credits.

Remember at buffets and family style like Ohana they can have exactly the same as you adult or kids.

The kids meals are not all bad but sometimes take a bit more looking for. I know my DD had steak as a kids meal at skippers canteen and teppan edo is the same food as adults just smaller portion.

Mine was a 10 year old adult last time. I did a dining report with all the pics of kids food. eg if you look at jiko or yachtsman signatures you will see the kids food is 'proper' food just a smaller portion.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=992135
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
No. £20! You're paying to upgrade the child from a child's park ticket to an adults park ticket. The dining plan is linked to that and will be adjusted to an adults accordingly.
It's a bargain but not to forget that because you pay the gratuity (recomm @18%) on DDP and the adult meals are much more expensive there will be a bigger daily tips bill for table service restaurants.
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

This is a very helpful thread and has got me thinking we should upgrade for our then 9 year old, possibly the 5 year old too. Question though - we booked a package via Charter Travel. Someone before has mentioned a difficulty with adult park tickets but child flight - so in our situation do we phone Charter and try and amend it via them or could we still contact Disney and do it direct?

Thanks
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
walshi
Excited about Disney

The fog is clearing... Slowly!

Yeah! Thanks for the responses! The DDP fog is getting easier to see through day by day!
walshi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Brilliant responses people... thanks!

£20 extra for adult meals seems very good value when you look at whats on offer. The difference between whats on offer for children and adults on the table service menus can be huge.

While I can see there will be more waste (as the kids probably wont always eat a full adults meal) it'll be good for them to have the same choices as the grown ups. You can only survive on Mac & Cheese and Burgers for so long!
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyF1rstT1me View Post
This is a very helpful thread and has got me thinking we should upgrade for our then 9 year old, possibly the 5 year old too. Question though - we booked a package via Charter Travel. Someone before has mentioned a difficulty with adult park tickets but child flight - so in our situation do we phone Charter and try and amend it via them or could we still contact Disney and do it direct?

Thanks
I don't think you can do it if your flights are part of your package as you have to give the accurate date of birth - may be worth a phone call to Disney though
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyore
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We did it for our two girls who were 6 and 3. It cost £20 each to upgrade their tickets which included free DDP. It worked so well for us. Most of the time they would share one adult TS which allowed us more signatures. We paid cash for their meals at two of the signatures too. The only place that questioned us several times to make sure it was what we wanted to do was Cinderella's royal table as we used 2 adult credits for everyone there. They were totally fine with us doing that though I think they were just worried we don't know what we were doing! Good use of a signature with kids too as the only place with gratuity included.