Notices

Old 14 Jun 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
Such lovely photos in the sunshine! Can’t wait to hear how Charlie gets on with his swimming lessons.

Only 55 days to go! That’s no time at all. You must be so excited for a Disney top up! I’m super excited and I’m not even coming with you!
Hang on... are you saying that you and Rach aren't§ coming out on a surprise trip to join us?! Well that's totally unacceptable and most disappointing!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

How did I miss this Lisa?! Your IG post earlier got me wondering if you had a pre trip, all caught up now .

Charlie looks so happy on holiday, glad you had a great time. Wait till he’s wriggly on a plane and can actually wriggle off your knee and walk around haha!

Sounds like a great trip, I love Charlie’s little romper. I’ve made a note of where your ears are from, I need to get some!

Sequoia Lodge was my first choice but the pool is closed for renovations when we go so going to Newport Bay instead (which is all your fault after your last DLP trip report!).

Looking forward to reading along & picking up some tips xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
How did I miss this Lisa?! Your IG post earlier got me wondering if you had a pre trip, all caught up now .

Charlie looks so happy on holiday, glad you had a great time. Wait till he’s wriggly on a plane and can actually wriggle off your knee and walk around haha!

Sounds like a great trip, I love Charlie’s little romper. I’ve made a note of where your ears are from, I need to get some!

Sequoia Lodge was my first choice but the pool is closed for renovations when we go so going to Newport Bay instead (which is all your fault after your last DLP trip report!).

Looking forward to reading along & picking up some tips xx
Thank you so much for joining me on my ramblings!

Oh you are absolutely going to love NPB, it is truly just stunning! We were really torn about booking there again but the rest of the group wanted to go for Sequoia Lodge so that won out in the end!

So excited to see that you are doing a report for your Canada trip, I shall be diving into that shortly... any tips of travelling long-haul with a toddler will be much needed ahead of taking Charlie to WDW next year! xxx
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Thank you so much for joining me on my ramblings!

Oh you are absolutely going to love NPB, it is truly just stunning! We were really torn about booking there again but the rest of the group wanted to go for Sequoia Lodge so that won out in the end!

So excited to see that you are doing a report for your Canada trip, I shall be diving into that shortly... any tips of travelling long-haul with a toddler will be much needed ahead of taking Charlie to WDW next year! xxx
OMG! When? We (I) are dabbling with the idea... probably around his birthday 😊
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
OMG! When? We (I) are dabbling with the idea... probably around his birthday 😊
We are looking at the first two weeks in September... the thinking is to get in before Charlie turns two so we don't have to pay for a plane seat for him, although the thought of a 22 month old on our laps for a 8 hour journey is far from appealing!

Oh how amazing would it be to out there for Charlie's birthday?! Eeeeek... you need to make this happen!
Old 30 Jun 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
We are looking at the first two weeks in September... the thinking is to get in before Charlie turns two so we don't have to pay for a plane seat for him, although the thought of a 22 month old on our laps for a 8 hour journey is far from appealing!

Oh how amazing would it be to out there for Charlie's birthday?! Eeeeek... you need to make this happen!
I was thinking the before 2 thing as well but since decided there’s no way we can have him on our lap for that long. He’s soooo big already 🙈
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Another shopping update!

So as I started pulling things out to put together this update I came to realise just how much I have bought... so apologies if this goes on a bit!

I will start with Charlie's bits, as we all know this is going to be the cute stuff!

First up... Disney Milestone cards from Little Sparks Company (they can be found on Etsy). Thank you Vicky (Vics18) for bringing these to my attention, so super cute! I'm thinking I will also use them for Charlie's first WDW trip so will get my use out of them!

Being Charlie's first Disney trip a personalised t-shirt to mark the occasion was of course needed! I ordered this one from Millie & Blake (they have an amazing range of Disney inspired items) and it is such gorgeous quality, an absolute steal at £10.50!

Whilst having a browse in Tesco recently I spotted these t-shirts and couldn't resist them (£5 for the two), although I bought them in 18-24 months as I find Tesco clothes come up really small (he has been wearing 9-12 months in their clothes for a while now) but looking at them now I am a little worried they may be a bit big... I may have to give them a cycle in the tumble drier before we go!

Another outfit for Charlie...this time from Asda and for the bargain price of £3 in the sale! (To be fair it was one £5 at full price!)

Ok now for the bits I have been buying for myself (I'm actually a bit embarrassed by how much has built up! I blame being on maternity leave and having so much time for online shopping during those late night feeds!)

Another couple of Asda purchases... two Disney t-shirts both for the bargain price of £8 (I am always amazed what lovely quality supermarket clothes are!)

After buying these I had promised myself no more Disney themed clothes but then I stumbled across this little Mickey number in the H&M sale last week and couldn't resist! (It was £5 and then I had a 25% off code so for £3.75 it would be rude not to!)

Whilst on the Mille & Blake website ordering Charlie's t-shirt I lost myself down a rabbit hole of Disney goodness and ended up ordering this super cute purse to carry our spending money for £7... my justification is that it is not DLP specific so will be used for all future Disney trips!

We recently visit Gunwharf Quays outlets in Portsmouth and whilst in Cath Kidston I spotted this adorable Mickey Mouse phone cover for £3... there was no way I was turning that down! Because of the ears it makes your phone quite bulky so I will probably only use it whilst we are in DLP but very cute nonetheless!

Ok last two things aren't Disney themed but were bought for the trip so I will still share them here... first up a Bonjour t-shirt from Asda (supermarket clothes for the win again!) also £8. My thinking is to wear this on our journey to DLP

And last but not least... new trainers! I started wearing sports trainers on our second WDW trip and it really was a game changer! I don't think I will ever do a park day in flip flops or Converse ever again! But my old park trainers are looking a little worse for wear so whilst at Gunwharf Quays I picked up these beauties in the Nike store. They were marked down to £64 from a RRP of £115 (yikes!) but had another 30%... bargain I thought! But to my delight on getting to the till they went down even further to £28! Don't you just love it when that happens?!

So I think that pretty much covers all my recent spending... it's actually an illness! I can't make any promises that I won't buy more before we go in 3 weeks but if we do I promise to keep it on the download... I just need to make sure Paul doesn't read this update now!

Edited at 09:51 PM.
Old 16 Jul 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Fab goodies Lisa . I'm a fan of supermarket clothes too, they're definitely major competitors in high street fashion nowadays.

Looking forward to following your trip on IG and picking up some (more) DLP tips. Try not to do anything too extravagant eh?! I haven't paid off our 4 nights at Newport Bay yet that your last report made me book xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

I just love the milestone cards! Can’t wait for the photos

Amazing clothes haul for you and Charlie too and such bargains too! Well done!

You are gonna be there before you know it!

Xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Fab goodies Lisa . I'm a fan of supermarket clothes too, they're definitely major competitors in high street fashion nowadays.

Looking forward to following your trip on IG and picking up some (more) DLP tips. Try not to do anything too extravagant eh?! I haven't paid off our 4 nights at Newport Bay yet that your last report made me book xx
I think the majority of my wardrobe is clothes from supermarkets (and Charlie's too for that matter!) I can't resist me a little splurge whilst doing my food shop!

Haha I will try not to be too bad of an influence... although no promises! xxx

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
I just love the milestone cards! Can’t wait for the photos

Amazing clothes haul for you and Charlie too and such bargains too! Well done!

You are gonna be there before you know it!

Xxx
The milestone cards are so cute... now I just need to work out how I am going to get Charlie to pose with them without trying to eat them!

So close now, so blooming excited! xxx