Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Nikkos Egg City, Haines City ***Review***

As independent adults, we've been going to the US for 20+ years and never in my life have I been as surprised by a diner/restaurant.

It's on the US 27, in Haines City, South of Posner Park enroute to Legoland. We went to meet friends for breakfast last week before we flew home. OMG, what a find.

First of all, the decor was diner-ish but nice and seemed cleaned, staff were friendly, go a table for 8 straight away. The menu didn't read great tbh, lots of Eggs as per the name but not a lot of variety beyond bacon and pancakes.

Kids all ordered pancakes in some guise and I've never in my life seen portions like them. One portion of chocolate chip pancakes was literally 3 pancakes with each of them the size of a Goodfellas pizza. I've never seen portions like them. That one portion was have been fine for the 4 kids and probably a lot left over.

Dd1 had the big breakfast, can't remember what it was called, $10ish and it literally came on 2 x 16" plates. There wasn't room on the table for all the food and it was SO tasty. Dh had the 4 egg omelette and it would have easily fed 3 normal people, came with a huge portion of home fries, which tasted like real potatoes, not deep fried cubes iykwim.

Anyway, definitely worth calling in if you're passing, or if you're anywhere near. I think breakfast for the 8 of us was only $60 or so, including tip so was great value too. We couldn't move for hours after.
Bayshore is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Just to say that I tried to put this in the Review section but there didn't seem to be a way to put in a restaurant review for restaurants that weren't already on the database.
Bayshore is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Bay shore glad you found it last week Ian and the family love it me I hate it only because the choice at breakfast is eggs withnthe fixings pancakes or for me toast whipped butter and way too,sweet jam or maple syrup they all go,at least once a holiday me I have a leisurely coffee juice and a bowl of porridge in pace on the deck ow the Mom&Pop Reatery across the street which you'd dismiss as looks a bit
Odd we all love it so much more choice and a proper cup of tea made in a pot the owners a Newcastle girl both good stops on the way to Lego land Bok Tower Gardens or venturing into another Florida
I've also tried to put several cracking restaurants down our way in the review section and as I'm an It
Numptie thought it was me

Edited at 11:26 PM.
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
We never got there this time either Helen, will save that option up for again.

The waitress wasn't that happy with me in Nikko's. I asked had they bagels because I'm just not a big breakfast person. Strong coffee and I'm done.
Old 31 Aug 17, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Must be the one who hates me as I take my travel mug of coffee in with me and just have juice You need to try the eatery the corn beef hash is amazing and they serve strong coffee if you ask for it non of that local weak stuff
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Carolynmf
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
On a Sunday morning the queue extends all around the outside with all the locals queuing up. Always a good sign.
Carolynmf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

We've been once and enjoyed it would go again if in area.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have been a couple of times as well, been good both times. I think it is a relative of the owners of Manny's which is quite close as well.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macy View Post
We have been a couple of times as well, been good both times. I think it is a relative of the owners of Manny's which is quite close as well.
It is a relative and part of the idea for opening for breakfast and lunch was it would give Manny's the chance to use the car park as overflow for when the steakhouse opens in the afternoon.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nettyf
Gone all Goofy

Nettyf's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fab breakfast there, full of locals which like someone commented, is always a good sign. The four egg omelettes are lovely and they are all very large meals. We used to own a villa opposite Egg City at Southern Dunes so it was a quick drive across, however we are now renting at Emerald Island so we will give Keke a try instead
Nettyf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List