Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Sep 17, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Great start - looking forward to reading more

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love the mountain of ketchup! I'm In!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Great reading along so far, I love a good food report!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
My mouth is watering! Really enjoying the report. Keep 'em coming.
Old 15 Sep 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Loving it so far.keep em coming x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Following! That cupcake from Germany is on my list now 😊

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Food's been lovely so far. Really enjoying reading along
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Great start to your food report. We like Mama Melrose. My dh always says the steak there is really good.
Old 16 Sep 17, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney1sttimers
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you for all your lovely comments so far.

The following day had originally been planned as an Animal Kingdom day but when we couldn’t get FP’s for Flight of Passage until 2.15 we decided to have a morning shopping trip instead. We headed off to Altamonte Mall as dd’s like Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch which is so expensive at home in Ireland. Unfortunately though our shopping trips on this holiday were not at all successful. We just didn’t find the bargains we had done on previous trips. We had packed 2 suitcases inside 2 suitcases on our way out and in the past we would have to reign ourselves in so as to not go over our luggage allowance. That didn’t happen this time. In fact one suitcase was just full of goodies from our leftover snack credits on the dining plan but more on that later!

After Altamonte Mall we headed back to the Lake Beuna Vista outlets. I normally come out of the GAP outlet here with 2 bags full of clothes, especially their tracksuit bottoms which I find so comfortable for lounging around in. They had none at all, even the girls didn’t find anything and they are rather sporty. We left feeling a little deflated and headed to Animal Kingdom. We hadn’t eaten all morning so went to the Yak & Yeti quick service and shared the following:

Honey chicken. As you can see it was so good I forgot to take a picture until it was half eaten!

And a teriyaki beef bowl.

The girls did comment about the containers (they like eating out of the boxes as "its more American") but it was so much easier to share with these ones.

We then headed onto our Flight of Passage fastpass just stopping on the way at Satu'li Canteen for a Pandoran Sunrise. I don't seem to have a picture but it was a nice refreshing drink. We had the blueberry cream cheese mousse on our list of things to try but alas none of us ever felt hungry enough to get one. Maybe next time.

Now its true what they say about Flight of Passage - it is absolutely fantastic. I'm a bit weird when it comes to rides - I will go on Expedition Everest but not Tower of Terror, I'll go on Revenge of the Mummy at Universal but will not step near a rollercoaster that goes upside down (but did go on RockNRoller a few times - see I told you I was weird!). Anyway all I would say is you MUST MUST MUST go on FoP. To quote my older girls it is "awesome", my youngest wasn't too keen on it first time round and took her glasses off but we were lucky enough to have 2 more fastpasses for it later in the holiday and she loved it on those occasions.

We had a 6pm ADR at Tusker House. The heavens had opened at about 5pm so we had no choice but to sit it out in the waiting area which was absolutely jam packed with everyone trying to keep out of the rain. Anyway we finally got called in about 30 minutes after our reservation time and to be honest we probably won't be going back again. We were a little underwhelmed by the food. I would add we have been here before and loved it but on this occasion we just didn't. So much so I seem to only have photos of desserts.

Disney1sttimers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

A shame you didn't enjoy dinner at Tuskers. We've had breakfast there and loved it. The food at the mall looks tasty.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List