Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 17 Sep 17, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney1sttimers
slightly serious Dibber

So today not only was it the dreaded going home day but we also had to drive all the way back down to Miami. Having said that we'd do it again in a heartbeat if we got the cheap flights. We always finish our Florida trips with a visit to Magic Kingdom and still battling to use up our dining credits ended up with this little lot.

A nutella and strawberry waffle from Sleepy Hollow. The girls loved it.

A Cheshire Cat Tail from the Cheshire Cafe.

A hot dog and corn dog meal from Caseys Corner.

And I couldn't leave without getting one of these. Mickey's Kitchen Sink Sundae. I had to pay OOP for it as its not covered on the dining plan but the container now has pride of place in my kitchen for the washing up liquid and scrubbing brush!

The trip back down to Miami seemed so much longer than on the way up. We checked into the Hilton at Miami Airport and were feeling a little deflated so just ate some of the snacks we had got from Goofy's for dinner! The following lunchtime we headed off to the airport for our 5pm flight. A word of warning - don't get to Miami Airport too early for your flight as there's no much in the way of restaurants or shops.

So thats it. All done. I hope you've enjoyed reading this as much as I've enjoyed reminiscing. We're going to give Disney a miss for at least a couple of years now in the hope that Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land will be finished by the next time we go. In the meantime, I have a significant birthday coming up next year and I might try and drag my holiday-shy husband away for a romantic cruise around the Mediterranean to celebrate. Wish me luck!

Thanks for reading.
Disney1sttimers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirsty2tt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you for a great food report. So many great snacks I can't wait to try next month. Your snack credit haul looks very impressive
Old 17 Sep 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It's been fab reading all your food adventures. Thanks for sharing it with us. Good luck with booking your cruise.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Great report - thanks for sharing.

We went in August and booked a night at HRH for Universal and IOA. We too didn't feel the love, we liked the Harry Potter parts (we hadn't seen Diagonal Alley before) but that area felt so crowded it was at times unbearable. We noticed the difference between the staff too and nobody waved at us on rides 😒
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney1sttimers
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kirsty2tt View Post
Thank you for a great food report. So many great snacks I can't wait to try next month. Your snack credit haul looks very impressive
Hope you have a great time - I'm not at all envious

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It's been fab reading all your food adventures. Thanks for sharing it with us. Good luck with booking your cruise.
Thank you

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
Great report - thanks for sharing.

We went in August and booked a night at HRH for Universal and IOA. We too didn't feel the love, we liked the Harry Potter parts (we hadn't seen Diagonal Alley before) but that area felt so crowded it was at times unbearable. We noticed the difference between the staff too and nobody waved at us on rides 😒
It's a shame as we've previously loved Universal and IOA but glad it wasn't just us. How dare they not wave at us on the rides
Disney1sttimers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink 45
VIP Dibber

Really enjoyed reading your food report! Seem to have had some wonderful meals and snacks. Thanks for sharing!
Tink 45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

Great report, thanks for sharing
Old 18 Sep 17, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

That was great! Your experiences at raglan road are interesting.. We have had an amazing visit there, table beside the stage, excellent atmosphere , my niece is also an irish dancer and she danced...it was best meal of trip. However I am debating booking it for may ( my sisters family not with us this time)...there are so many restaurants at d springs now ! Just not sure 😀 anyway thanks for posting
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney1sttimers
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tink 45 View Post
Really enjoyed reading your food report! Seem to have had some wonderful meals and snacks. Thanks for sharing!
Glad you enjoyed reading it.

Originally Posted by Pavilion1983 View Post
Great report, thanks for sharing
You're welcome.

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
That was great! Your experiences at raglan road are interesting.. We have had an amazing visit there, table beside the stage, excellent atmosphere , my niece is also an irish dancer and she danced...it was best meal of trip. However I am debating booking it for may ( my sisters family not with us this time)...there are so many restaurants at d springs now ! Just not sure 😀 anyway thanks for posting
We have been on two occasions previous to this and both times were fantastic. Perhaps we just hit an off day. Have a great trip in May.
Old 20 Sep 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for taking the time to do your food trippie really enjoyed reading along

Joan